cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Promo before add-on

Hi fellow members,

I am one of the lucky ones who got the one time extra 1GB Promo add-on a few days back. I thought of it as a "buffer/safety net" data since it does not expire until you use it up. Very happy!

It was added to my account as an add-on. So once I used my regular data, the promo 1GB started to be used. 

But I also have a promo called "Flash Sale 500MB Bonus data plan" which is on the promotion side.

I hoped that the 1GB data will be used after the Flash Sale 500MB which renews every month but alas it does not.

So I have to first use the recently received 1GB before I can get to my regular 500MB Flash sale data.

I wonder if there is a way to "reverse" so that the  Promo data can be used up before the 1GB add on.

It may seem like a choosing begger thing but basically I will have to use the one time, non expiring 1GB before the 500MB that renews every month...

Any of you in this situation? Any solution?

Thanks,

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Promo before add-on

The bonus I gb rolls over....did you start to use it and then get the 500mb bonus? The data should revert to using the 30 day/500 mb first. When did you get the 500mb...thru which flash sale?

Mayor / Maire

@Dragosd wrote:

Hi fellow members,

I am one of the lucky ones who got the one time extra 1GB Promo add-on a few days back. I thought of it as a "buffer/safety net" data since it does not expire until you use it up. Very happy!

It was added to my account as an add-on. So once I used my regular data, the promo 1GB started to be used. 

But I also have a promo called "Flash Sale 500MB Bonus data plan" which is on the promotion side.

I hoped that the 1GB data will be used after the Flash Sale 500MB which renews every month but alas it does not.

So I have to first use the recently received 1GB before I can get to my regular 500MB Flash sale data.

I wonder if there is a way to "reverse" so that the  Promo data can be used up before the 1GB add on.

It may seem like a choosing begger thing but basically I will have to use the one time, non expiring 1GB before the 500MB that renews every month...

Any of you in this situation? Any solution?

Thanks,

@Dragosd  What plan are you currently on?

The GB does indeed roll over as long as you don't use it...

And yes, I started using it after using the initiall 1.5GB of add-on.

My regular data plan is 1.5GB. There was a flash sale in the weekend of Aug 19-20.

I got a $35 plan with 1.5GB data and another 500MB Promo, plus a $5 off.

Basically a $35 plan with $5 off with 2 GB of data (1.5GB plus 500MB)

screenshot:

Capture.JPG

If your data continues to use the 1gb  once your new plan kicks in then contact a moderator. But If you are out of data before it renews and iyou chose the new plan to change on your next renewal date it will continue to use the 1gb bonus.

@darlicious wrote:

If your data continues to use the 1gb  once your new plan kicks in then contact a moderator.

Of course I will, in that case.

My point was that I wish it would start using the 500MB from the promotion after my initial 1.5GB gets used and not the Promo 1GB add-on.

@darlicious wrote:

But If you are out of data before it renews and iyou chose the new plan to change on your next renewal date it will continue to use the 1gb bonus.

I am not planning to change the plan, not sure what you mean by "new plan"  I had no plan change in the past, this is how I started.

I hope that, at renewal, it will leave the Promo Add-on and get on with my regular add-on of 1.5GB that doesn't show in the screenshot as it was used up.

Maybe my screenshot was to small? I was afraid to insert a large one.

Here is a screenshot from my wife's plan, for clarification.  Same plan same promos.

She was more carefull and did not use up the initial data.

You can see the normal 1.5GB and the untouched 1GB.

But I am afraid she will start using the 1GB promo first, instead of the 500MB Promotion on the left once she goes over the 1.5 GB.

I hope this clarifies my question.

Capture2.JPG

Lol...no the magnifying glass worked to enlarge it. Are you getting the 500mb as an Auto Pay bonus? So it doesn't kick in til renewal? Then yes it will stop using the 1gb at renewal.

If the plan is current it should use the 500mb first once she uses the 1.5gb in her plan.

I am again not sure what you mean by "current".

The 500MB is a promotion but I am not sure if it is for Autopay or just "flash sale" but I had it from the beginning, after I signed up.

I assume it is "current" but I am pretty new to Public Mobile and some terms may elude me.