Doubtful
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need help to porting my number

5 REPLIES 5

Anna_M
Customer Support Agent

Hello @Doubtful!

Thanks for reaching out!

My advice is to activate with a temporary number before you bring the phone number from the old provider,also make sure that the old provider line is active when you request the port.

Also, from your Public Mobile Self Serve account you can change the phone number using the old provider account number or pin following the next steps:

- select plan and add-ons tab, then click on change phone number;
- choose the option: transfer number from another provider.

For more detailed info you can also check out the link below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-move-my-cell-phone-number-to...

Hope this answers your question! 😄

Anna,

Public Mobile Moderator

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Doubtful wrote:

Need help to porting my number

Most times you can do the number porting yourself in self-serve.  It is inside the change phone number option. Make sure you have old carrier account number.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Doubtful, if you have not attempted the number port and are looking for instructions, this is what you need to do.  Login to the self serve account.  From the overview page, there is a change number link in the my profile box.  Click on the change number link.  You will be asked to verify the number you wish to port for porting eligibility.  This is check will verify that the number is active.  Once confirmed, you will be ask to provide some associated account information for the number being ported.  When entering the associated account number, remove the separators such as spaces and hyphens.  Enter only the letters and numbers.  Skip the IMEI and PIN fields.  Enter the account holder name exactly as it appears on the billing.  Check off authorization to submit, double check the entries for accuracy, submit the port.  Wait for the port to complete which can be between 30 minutes to 2 hours for a cellular port. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Did you already try to port it? @Doubtful if yes and didn't work well you will need help from the moderator here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you want to port it you can change your number in your sel serve account in PLAN/ADD-ONS...change my number...

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Doubtful Are you porting a cell number or landline number? What company are your porting from? Have you tried to port it?
Need Help? Let's chat.