cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Not the best plan anymore

I had lucky mobile afew months ago but I was duped into one of those virgin to Lucky migration plans so I switch to public a month ago,  I canceled virgin last minth, Honestly the reduced speeds to 128kbps Wasn't worth it because it was extremely unusable, i couldn't  even load  Google.com, I'd rather have seven dollars off my bill after five years then have 128kbps after i use up all of my data. ive had freedom mobile and they reduce your speeds to 238kbps But unlike Lucky it was useable but with great struggle. I only use anywhere between 4 and 6 GB of data a month so I chose the 8gig plan To be on the safe side.. 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As somebody who has had lucky mobile  recently, the reduced speeds are not worth it.. It was the equivalent of having no data at all..

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

hi @NewZQ 

Those of us who don't miss dialup know exactly what @Colinh90 is talking about. There is no way to keep your zen on that speed now, due to high speeds readily available everything is bloated and way to heavy for that speed. 

If you want to try it you can activate smaller plan with them burn through data then enjoy your training in patience. Make sure you don't transfer your number that first month once account is closed you will not get back your rewards

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi New ZQ,

Technically the two Cell networks are essentially the same coverage and speeds so price vs plan and customer support are really the big reason to make the change if it comes down to a small price difference.

• PM is a Telus brand and on Telus' network
  • Lucky Mobile is a Bell brand and operates on Bell's network.
  • The two networks actually share infrastructure and are generally evolving in capability and speeds in lock step.

I worked for one of these carriers and even get a never ending employee discount on services for their core brand and yet I still choose PM because they have consistently pushed market prices down, offered coverage via Tier 1 Networks with a no frill basic self administered portal with little fan fare or warm fuzzy pets. This decision includes scoring PM high for a great loyalty program that tries to reward users fairly.

We price bottom feeders need to share the love and knowledge, so if you do go ZQ, keep in touch and enlighten us on how the experience was. 

Let it be said that wise old Army Signaler once told you, "Change may seem worth it for a while, but it is rarely easy and it is never without a cost".

Good Luck

TE

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NewZQ wrote:

Lucky Mobile has the same 40$ plan with one big exception, unlimited data at 128kbps after the 5gb is gone. It would help with emails and messenger chat after the data is gone. I think I will switch soon.

For extra 2$ (autopay bonus that it does not have) I would gladly prefer the unlimited messenger chat.

The 128 Kbps will be snail speed and not worth switching unless you regularly exceed the 5 gb each month.  5 gb is a lot of data unless you use your phone to download and watch full movies etc.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Also setting call forwarding is not allowed on Lucky Mobile. Thats limits some call management flexibility.

Need Help? Let's chat.