cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping number Active

winstonpynn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey all,

Looking at spending some time (up to a year) in the US and wondering how to keep my number for least cost here in Canada for when I return. Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@winstonpynn wrote:

Hey all,

Looking at spending some time (up to a year) in the US and wondering how to keep my number for least cost here in Canada for when I return. Any thoughts?

Do you care about keeping your current plan?  Cheapest way is to switch to 711 and pay $25 for a year top up to keep number.  Can also port to number banking services or free VOIP service like Fongo but they will charge to port number from there.  When you are back, you would need new Public Mobile account and port back.  That might not save much but you don't need worry about forgetting 90 day top up and losing phone number.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bravo_md wrote:

Get $ 10.00 plan with auto pay plan.

THE guide, by @Luddite : Luddite's Extended Absence

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could suspend your account for up to 90 days then a few days beforehand then switch to a $10/month plan.  As long as you don't have a grandfathered plan, swtich you previous plan back as long as it is available when you return.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Get $ 10.00 plan with auto pay plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.