cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone says "no service" but account activated.

moison81
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
When I log into my account it says the plan is activated, the phone is unlocked but still says no service? No service at all, I cannot make calls, data, etc...
7 REPLIES 7

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @moison81

I'm sorry to hear about your service issue Robot Sad You should follow WearySky's advice and send me a private message with the info they listed. I'll take a look at this for you! 

Thank you @WearySky 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

WearySky

If there's no service at all, it doesn't sound like a porting issue - sounds more like an issue with the sim itself. I'd check:

1 - sim inserted correctly.  This would obviously be the first thing to check.

2 - does the sim work in any other phones?

3 - if you search for networks on the iPhone, can you see/try to manually connect to PM?

In the meantime, I would go ahead and PM a mod (any one, like say @Shazia_K) and give them your account information (phone number, account #, sim #) and ask them to look into it as well.  But at least you could troubleshoot while waiting for them to get back to you.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You probably need to setup the APN still or maybe the phone is not unlocked.

1. Try these solutions and report back: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201415

2. What model iPhone do you have? Where/when did you buy it?

3. Does old SIM still work? Who was the carrier?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CalvinW
It is most likely a port error then. You will need to contact a moderator to get it sorted out.

moison81
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
No worries, yeah I ported my old number over.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@moison81 was it a brand new number? or did you port over?

Also simple question, but just ensure the sim in inserted properly.

Need Help? Let's chat.