cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like port public mobile no to other public number. Please help

aarav2008
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi ,

I have active public no . xxx xxx xxxx and de-active public no. xxx xxx xxxx. I would like to port my inactive number (xxx xxx xxxx) to active no which is xxx xxx xxxx.

Please help

Edit:  Post redacted by will13am.  Please do not post personal information in the public forum.

8 REPLIES 8

@rrajnish wrote:

Just sign up with the other provider while keeping Public Mobile service and porting of existing # should be easy

Public Mobile won't accomodate this request. When porting the number out to another provider, the Public Mobile account will be closed. The Public Mobile service can't be kept.

rrajnish
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just sign up with the other provider while keeping Public Mobile service and porting of existing # should be easy

@aarav2008 the only way to do it is to activate and port the inactive number out. This will close the one PM account. May I suggest number barn?

https://www.numberbarn.com/number-parking?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7oO2gJGY6QIVAz6tBh0GyQNNEAAYASAAEgIIU_D_...

Then port the number back into the active account. Stay safe.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aarav2008 

Please edit your post to remove your phone numbers if you don't want spam calls because anyone can read your post.

You cannot port a number to another account within a provider.  This is the practice chosen by all providers in Canada.  It is not just PM.

But you can port your number to another provider and port it back to PM.  Please note your account will be close after porting out your number.  There is no refund of the unused days of your current cycle and any available fund in your account will be gone too without any refund.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should delete your personal info by clicking on the 3 dots.  You can't port phone# between two PM accounts.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@aarav2008 hello you cannot switch numbers between public plans also if your deactivated number is suspended more than 90 days it's gone for good 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@aarav2008 wrote:

Hi ,

I have active public no . xxx xxx xxxx and de-active public no. xxx xxx xxxx. I would like to port my inactive number (xxx xxx xxxx) to active no which is xxx xxx xxxx.

Please help

@aarav2008  Unfortunately you cannot port Public Mobile numbers between accounts. You would need to activate the inactive number and port out to another provider and then port it back into Public Mobile. Not worth it!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@aarav2008 , you cannot port a Public Mobile number to another Public Mobile number.  Generally, numbers in active accounts are eligible for porting.  The only exception is porting out of Public Mobile number to a Telus family brand.  

There is an off chance that the deactivated number may be unassigned and available.  For that you could contact the moderator team to see if this is the case and whether they can assign it to you.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.