cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How may I close my existing PM account and port my number ?

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

****** Because of problems with my existing account I'm considering to start fresh and open a new PM account but was told (by Beer)  that I may not be able to port my number to the new account. Would hate to take a chance and possibly loose my existing number unless I get assurance that I will be able to port my number.

20 REPLIES 20

@Milk 

No sweat... we are used to one adventure after another here. Thank goodness for the good plan prices and terrific rewards potential or yeah, many of us would be outta here (PM - not necessarily the community)!

While I don’t think PM management intentionally creates havoc, I do think that there is no intent to make PM run like a fine German clock, it is part of the experience if you want nice low costs. Those who don’t try to get by for rock bottom $ are happy to stay with the corporations higher cost, higher service level products.

AE_Collector

Milk

Yes,  downdates is a valid term that better describes this situation. I say this with tongue in cheek with no disrespect intended to anyone on this forum.

Is “downdates” a valid term as well?

AE_Collector

Milk

Ohhh .... I just learned something new ........ disruptions are now called "updates".

Milk

Perhaps that worked in the past but you need to explore before you comment. Have you lately tried to find Simon, use the quote feature, found the spell check or contact the moderator team? 

Milk

Oh well ...... PM service is as good/bad as any of the rest and just a bit better then most. As long as the service works is what counts and this forum is a bonus. I just don’t get why their messing with the web pages and causing disruptions other then perhaps to justify their services.

Ha ha ha ... Just noticed that my heading was (so called auto corrected) to closely.

@Milk   The SIMon ? mark has been missing for me too for several weeks, if not longer, now.  In fact the only place I've been able to see it is on the Get Help page, try this link: https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help

The Quote button has been MIA for the last few days and is only available with the workaround as suggested by @CannonFodder .

@Milk wrote:

You must be lucky because the "Quote" feature is still not on my web page.

And now it's gone again, until I hit the 3 dots in the top, right corner of my post, use the "Edit" function, then click on the "Expand Toolbar" function, and then the "Quote" function is there again. Earlier, I didn't have to do that. 🙄  That, and apparently it never shows up on mobile devices..... something to do with screen size, and never showing the 3 dots to "Expand Toolbar".

Didn't realize that Khoros was hired - 

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you'll see, "Powered by Khoros"..... it's been there since I've been hangin' here.

@CannonFodder 

I believe that @Milk 's problems have been discussed in at least three different topics as well. Unfortunately I can't recall what all the problems were but I have come to the conclusion that there are some people who just can't adjust to the Public Mobile support model and constantly butt heads with it. I can be like that in some regards but in the case of Public Mobile I get along just fine with the way it works. Have never even tried to use Simon, I just message the moderator team, get the request to verify like the one Milk just posted, I respond to it and we're off and fixing my problem. Easy.

AE_Collector

Milk

You must be lucky because the "Quote" feature is still not on my web page. Like I mentioned before  - PM must be conducting an experiment to test my patience and breaking point. 

LOL... Ha Ha Ha ... just noticed that now even the spell check feature is missing. Keep up the good work PM WEB Designers ...... Didn't realize that Khoros was hired - 

@Milk wrote:

Perhaps my following comment may be thought of as rude but we need to face the facts.

As the saying goes “If it isn’t broke don’t mess with it”. I think the problem is that perhaps some 3-month community college computer science graduates are trying to justify their pay by trying to make changes just for the sake of changes.

The missing "Quote" button has been discussed in at least 3 different threads, and among them, one of the folks from PM stated that they "pushed" some update(s) to the system, and Khoros also pushed some update(s), and he was possibly going to reverse the PM initiated update, just to see if the issue(s) were caused by the PM update, or the Khoros update. As for the quote function, as you may notice, it's back working for me today, but it's been off & on for the last ~4 days, so far.

Milk

Cut and pasting from one of my previous posts -

"Ha Ha Ha - this must be a joke of some sort or an experiment to test my patience. When I try the link provided to me by the moderator team I get the following message.

Sorry - this link has expired. We’d be happy to send you a new one! Simply private message the Moderator Team in our Community."

Perhaps my following comment may be thought of as rude but we need to face the facts.

As the saying goes “If it isn’t broke don’t mess with it”. I think the problem is that perhaps some 3-month community college computer science graduates are trying to justify their pay by trying to make changes just for the sake of changes.

@Milk I think there is a 24 hour time limit to respond, or the ticket is closed. Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the quote button is awol. They seem to be futzing with the system these days.

So did you go through with the link? You're almost there.

Edit: I guess you didn't see it in time or something.

I also don't always see the SIMon chatbot. Try this link.

Milk

Ha Ha Ha - this must be a joke of some sort or an experiment to test my patience. When I try the link provided to me by the moderator team I get the following message.

Sorry - this link has expired. We’d be happy to send you a new one! Simply private message the Moderator Team in our Community.

@Milk  use this private message link to contact the moderators directly   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Milk

Cut and pasting below the moderator team response. Don't know what gives but now even this forum page will not allow me to "QUOTE" messages. Furthermore, there is no 'SIM-ON" to be found anywhere on my PM Community web page. And yes, I have carefully looked everywhere including at the bottom right etc.  All of this is very weird.

Hey @Milk,   I, as part of the moderator team will be happy to help you, but if you don`t open a ticket with SIM-on HERE, chances are that you won`t get a customized solution. First we need to secure your account. Please click on the link below and follow the steps:   https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/authentication/unique-link/U2FsdGVkX1-4b1W5V7nxSyke60HPIYVZ8iJ-uaQH3rN...   Have a nice day, Oana Cat Happy

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

There is no guarantee @Milk that your number will be retained. Porting between PM numbers is not allowed. The only way to do this is to port to another provider and then port it back in.  Are the problems with your existing account still occuring? Or have they been rectified. And what are the problems that are still occuring? Thanks.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You can port out to a competitor and back.

They will cost you sim fee and one month of service someplace else and the new sim card with public mobile. (If you chose lucky it will be 4+15+10)

Another option you have is to port it to fongo for one time fee of $25 and then you can forward your number to any cell phone  number you chose and change and/or use it with their app with WiFi. That way you never have to pay bill for that phone number. To receive sms you would use their app. Receiving text is free but sending is not yet free.

If you do open another account with pm don't forget to use your other account referral code

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's no moving of numbers from one account to another. To do that you would need to port externally and then port back in. Porting out closes this account. You pay for the other place. You port back in. That closes that account. And you pay each time.

Haven't the mods done anything for you?

Need Help? Let's chat.