cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 5gb add-on?!

rjz236
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I just saw this ad on youtube about a sale of a free 5gb add-on on public mobile. I went on my account and did not see anything like that. Is it hidden somewhere else or you have to do something else to get the free 5gb add-on?

30 REPLIES 30

@mostafa08 

When pm offers a 5gb data add on promo it almost always coincides with black friday, xmas, boxing day or new years promotions. It is very rare to be offered at any other time of year. Recently they have been offering a free second or third month credit....just wait another week or two and they will likely offer that promotion again.

It can usually be stacked with Canadian Cell Supplies bundles discounts of up to 50% off your first month and a free sim card. Check out their offers that can be preordered so you will have their "bundled" sim card already shipped and in hand when pm offers their next email registration flash sale. Then you just email them your activation info for them to activate your sim card and apply their discounts and you finish by setting up your self serve account.

Here are the current data promocode discounts pm is offering for plans $35+. Either a one time 2gb bonus data add on or a 1gb monthly plan data bonus (as long as you don't change your plan.)

Please read the terms and conditions....they state they are not stackable but that can be YMMV.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/PMWLS

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mostafa08 : So apparently you've been doing some searching. Ok good. So when you find something that interests you, scroll up or down of the list of replies and find the <Previous 1 2 3 Next> and click on the 1. That will bring you to the first post. In there you might see a checkmark for the answer to the question. The answer to your question you posted is there.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Hey look at that...the promo that I couldn't resist that became my "data" line to which I promptly changed down to the then available $10 plan. And I still have about 2gb of it left due to all the gifts and my low usage and my third "dormant" line with more gifts. Thank you Public Mobile.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to the Public Mobile community, @mostafa08🙂

This thread/promotion is 2 years old and no longer available.  You'll be able to see new/current promotions listed on their main site at https://www.publicmobile.ca/ and is regularly posted under Announcements here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/bd-p/Announcements

Lately, we've been seeing a free month as a promotion.  Similarly, Public Mobile sometimes surprises customers with bonus gifts of extra data/etc.

Again, since this thread/promotion is 2 years old, it's best to leave it be and create a new thread/discussion for any questions you may have.  🙂

@mostafa08 wrote:

can i get it now

There currently isn't any offer for a free 5GB data add-on.

mostafa08

can i get it now

bhavikcpatel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My issues of 5GB free data plan is just resolved by Moderate. Please provide Date on which you ordered SIM, email Address used for order, Date of activation, Email used for activation, Your phone number, Account #, I think you should be good to go!

All d best!

mar82is

thank you!

@mar82is wrote:

How do i go about message the moderator? can you provide me a link?

Yes this the link..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mar82is

How do i go about message the moderator? can you provide me a link?

@mar82is wrote:

I just wanted to follow up on a private message i sent your team. How long does it typically take for a reply back from a private message? i'm having issues with a sim card that i purchased and was mislead. need a refund. please and thank you. Ref: order # XXXXX.

You need to send a private message to the moderator for more help like you did and waiting time is few hours to 2 days for a response. We are customers like you in this forum no access to your account 

Edited to remove quote personal info from this post for security reasons by stonechucker.

mar82is

I just wanted to follow up on a private message i sent your team. How long does it typically take for a reply back from a private message? i'm having issues with a sim card that i purchased and was mislead. need a refund. please and thank you. Ref: order # XXXXXX.

Post edited by stonechucker to remove personal info (order number).

@mar82is, please send the same information via private message to the Moderator_Team.

bhavikcpatel

As I already mentioned in my email that I used same email for ordering a sim and activation. I did send private message to moderator but I couldn't figure out how to send 5 digit secret code.

@geopublic It was mentioned in the OP that same email address was used.

@bhavikcpatel wrote:

I ordered my new SIM (new public mobile user) on Jun 1st, 2:25 PM EST. I received SIM in a week and activated (25$ plan) online on Jun 9th using same email address that I used to order SIM (25$/Month) plan. I'm still waiting to get 5GB bonus add-on. I'm not sure who to ask and how to get my free 5GB data. I feel stuck in public mobile without any proper channel of customer service. My plan for this month is out of data now.

@bhavikcpatel  Did you use the same email during activation that you used when ordering the sim online. If yes, then you need to contact the moderator.

@bhavikcpatel you will have to contact moderator for assistance I had to also, they credited me right away!

bhavikcpatel

I ordered my new SIM (new public mobile user) on Jun 1st, 2:25 PM EST. I received SIM in a week and activated (25$ plan) online on Jun 9th using same email address that I used to order SIM (25$/Month) plan. I'm still waiting to get 5GB bonus add-on. I'm not sure who to ask and how to get my free 5GB data. I feel stuck in public mobile without any proper channel of customer service. My plan for this month is out of data now.

cellphoneexpert

Got both my mom and dad switched from TELUS and Koodo onto this plan $25 1GB UL NW and they got the 5GB add on. It's only on until used up. i.e. if you go over your 1GB for the month data comes out of the 5GB bucket until it's exhausted. 

@uppersamlee wrote:

Is it for only one-time 5 GB data? or It will carry over following months?

It's a one-time thing.  As mentioned in the message before this one, any remaining data will stay on your account as long as the account is still open.

any unused data carries over till its all used up

uppersamlee

Is it for only one-time 5 GB data? or It will carry over following months?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alteratus wrote:

I bought my SIM card on June 1st just for that and received it, but now I feel like I made a mistake...

Anyways, I’ll keep looking...

Bought online and you got it in the mail already? Nice.

Alteratus

I bought my SIM card on June 1st just for that and received it, but now I feel like I made a mistake...

Anyways, I’ll keep looking...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alteratus wrote:

Hi

What does a « ready-made » plan means ? Does this free 5gb will work with a « build your plan » of 25$ and more ?

if not, it means that you can’t get LTE speeds with that offer, since the is no plan with LTE on the pre-built plan list.

That is kind of a deal breaker if it is the case...

Many people say they make out perfectly fine on the throttled LTE speed aka LTE Lite. Do you really need the speed or is quantity fine?

But no...just pre-packaged plans...not build your own.

@AlteratusYou are correct.. The deal is over any ways. however there might be a new deal in the future.. who knows.

Alteratus

Hi

What does a « ready-made » plan means ? Does this free 5gb will work with a « build your plan » of 25$ and more ?

if not, it means that you can’t get LTE speeds with that offer, since the is no plan with LTE on the pre-built plan list.

That is kind of a deal breaker if it is the case...

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As others said, it applies to only to new customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rjz236 wrote:

Hi all,

I just saw this ad on youtube about a sale of a free 5gb add-on on public mobile. I went on my account and did not see anything like that. Is it hidden somewhere else or you have to do something else to get the free 5gb add-on?

Yes. June 1st ET only. "New" customers only. Details as above.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

On June 1st,  customers that purchase a SIM card online before 11:59PM ET will gain access to an exclusive offer of a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before June 16, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $25+/mo plan (Ready-Made plans only) to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 5 GB of data: When you activate by June 16th on a Ready-made plan of $25/mo or higher. you will get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data.
    • To redeem, SIM must be activated on publicmobile.ca by June 16th on any Ready-made plan $25/mo or higher using the same email address used to purchase the SIM card. Purchase a SIM online here.
    • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 72 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.