cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

pianobet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is my 1 gb Christmas bonus days being used before my 500 mb recurring bonus that i got when i signed on. I think this should be used last??

9 REPLIES 9

@pianobet there is definetly something going on with your account. Have you had a moderator fix that for you yet? Shouldnt be using your bonus before your paid for data in your plan. 

I agree with @Dunkman 's idea. Your screenshot only shows the "add-on" usage. You should find that currently your base plan data is incrementing.

In a previous cycle, you used up all your base data, then the 500MB bonus, and then some of your 1GB holiday add-on.

Now that you're in a new cycle, the base data allotment, and the 500MB bonus have been replenished, but the 1GB remains partially consumed.

It has been observed that Public Mobile does not send the expected data usage warnings when your base data allotment reaches 75% and 95% when a data add-on is present on the account so you may not have known unless you were paying regular attention to your usage in self-serve.

@pianobet wrote:

Screenshot_2020-06-10-22-22-38_20200610_222356.png

 i have chatted with a mod but haven't had any luck. You can see my 1gb bonus is being used before my 500mb ongoing add on i got when i signed on. 

@pianobet 

In the past, did the recurring 500 mb ongoing add on get used first?  Does that 500 mb add on get refreshed every month?  Or is it a one time add on, used portion rolls over to next month?

Some promotions just add the extra data bonus to your total monthly data allotment directly instead of separately like your account, especially if it is recurring.  You will need to continue your conversation with moderator.  

@pianobet is it possible that you ran out of data the previous cycle and it was used then? Thanks.  

pianobet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Screenshot_2020-06-10-22-22-38_20200610_222356.png

 i have chatted with a mod but haven't had any luck. You can see my 1gb bonus is being used before my 500mb ongoing add on i got when i signed on. 

@pianobet wrote:

Why is my 1 gb Christmas bonus days being used before my 500 mb recurring bonus that i got when i signed on. I think this should be used last??

You're right, of course. This isn't something that you can fix yourself. I while back, Public Mobile has a similar problem with long distance minutes.  Long distance minutes are always supposed to be used up in a way that best benefits the customer.  I believe that one has since been patched up.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@pianobet  there's a bug in the system that uses bonus data from all over the place. The recurring bonus should added to the plan data. Then it would be used first. Contact the moderators and explain your situation. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pianobet 

@pianobet wrote:

What is your current plan????

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@pianobet 

The only way it should be used is if you have gone through all your data. Check your usage page.  Can you take a screen shot of your data on your overview page and remove any personal info like account number name etc. And we can try to figure this out? 

Screenshot_20200610_221847.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.