cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data limits

Megan-Jolie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On the plan I purchased, I should have 5gb of data, but when I look at my data usage on my phone it says only 2gb are available. 

11 REPLIES 11

Megan-Jolie

This was the first phone plan I've ever had, I'm really new at all of this lol. I looked up how to do it and got everything fixed, thanks for your help!

@Megan-Jolie wrote:

I'm not sure how to change that in my settings. Is there any easy way you can think to explain or would I be best to google it?

@Megan-Jolie 

Depends on which phone model you have.  It looks like that your phone setting might have a maximum of 2GB setup, which you should be able to change.  Go to your main settings.  Data settings and check if data limit option is checked off.  

Megan-Jolie

I'm not sure how to change that in my settings. Is there any easy way you can think to explain or would I be best to google it?

Megan-Jolie

I did just activate but I did choose the $40 plan

Megan-Jolie

I've only used about 17mb of data so far.

I was having a hard time getting my sim card to work in this phone though, maybe that has something to do with it. 

AmyJaneEriksen

I agree with this. as different Gb comes with different costs. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Megan-Jolie wrote:

On the plan I purchased, I should have 5gb of data, but when I look at my data usage on my phone it says only 2gb are available. 

@Megan-Jolie your phone has no idea what plan you have with your provider.  You would need to go in and set that information manually (just like you would need to do with any other cell provider).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Megan-Jolie there may be a max data limit of 2 gigs set on your phone, usually per 31 day period.  You would have to remove it to use more than 2 gigs of data. As mentioned above by @popping sign into your self service account to see how much data you have or call 611 as mentiomed by @gpixel . Stay safe.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Megan-Jolie 

Did you just activate? Sounds like activation was on $35 plan instead of $40.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Megan-Jolie your phone data counter is most likely going to be out of sync, especially if you don't apply the correct renewal date on your phone. public mobile renews every 30 days, not monthly. so your renewal date can change from time to time.

the best option is to use your phone as a guide and login to your self serve account or call 611, choose option 3 and input your 4 digit pin and it will tell you the amount of remaining data you have.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Megan-Jolie wrote:

Login to your self-serve account and click on the plan details. 

Your plan details should look like the following:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

You may have used 3GB data for the current cycle.

I have the same plan you have.  My data usage line showing that I used 528.106  out of my  5120 MB.  What is your data usage line is saying?

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
    846.564  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
    0  /  400 MIN
    1GB Add-on
    0  /  2048 MB
    1GB Promo
    697.544  /  1024 MB
    5GB at 3G Speed
    528.106  /  5120 MB
Need Help? Let's chat.