Data blocked after 1GB used and I have 9,5 GB

Jamesh11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have a $50 plan with 8.5GB data

I also have bonus 1GB data for total of 9,5GB

My data usage was blocked after using only 1GB of the total 

I guess PM only looked at the bonus data

How do I fix this as I can't use my phone for work now. It is a pain!!

7 REPLIES 7

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Jamesh11 wrote:

Hi,

I have a $50 plan with 8.5GB data

I also have bonus 1GB data for total of 9,5GB

My data usage was blocked after using only 1GB of the total 

I guess PM only looked at the bonus data

How do I fix this as I can't use my phone for work now. It is a pain!!

Hm, strange, if you didn't use all your data yet, then, ask for moderator's help: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Jamesh11 Log into self serve, what does it say about your data at the bottom left of your overview page?

When was your most recent renewal?

I'm wondering if this is one of those RARE cases when your data didn't reset when your plan renewed the last cycle. A support ticket to @CS_Agent as mentioned should clear this up. Ask them to reinstate your 1GB as well if this is the case and you used much of it.

@Jamesh11  I think @ChuckYeah is correct and if your plan data is showing but not working that will definetly be the case. Rare but more medium rare...its happened  to a few this month. Follow the the instructions to contact a moderator.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jamesh11 

Login to your account to look for data usage lines.

I have $40 5GB data and 2x 1GB bonus data from PM.  I have used 1871MB data out of my 5120MB monthly data quota.  If you don't see your 8.5GB usage line, you had used all your data for the current cycle.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
    0  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
    0  /  400 MIN
    1GB Promo
    697.544  /  1024 MB
    5GB at 3G Speed
    1871.066  /  5120 MB

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is 2 days. If your next renewal date is 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Jamesh11 Log into self serve, what does it say about your data at the bottom left of your overview page?

I'm wondering if this is one of those RARE cases when your data didn't reset when your plan renewed the last cycle. A support ticket to @CS_Agent as mentioned should clear this up. Ask them to reinstate your 1GB as well if this is the case and you used much of it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This seems rather odd.  The included data in the plan gets used first before the bonus 1GB.  If that is consumed, likely means 9.5GB was consumed in the 30 day term.  If the overview tab shows no reference to any data, that would be the case.  

In terms of fixing the situation, the best option would be to do an early renewal which requires moderator intervention.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes have a look at your account. What does it show for my data and add-ons?

As chuck_grady was asking, when was your last renewal?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.