cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: CHANGING PLANS QUESTION

Speak your mind,  @Quigley 

If I'm amending an entry, and I'm unaware there is a subsequent entry with substantially the same information being added almost simultaneously, I may not necessarily add the words EDIT. 

Quigley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HALIMACS , now I know why people copy the previous comment before making a new post..  Can't be bothered.lol  No need to drag it on. Enjoy the morning 🌄

Dunkman
Oracle

@GLENNJOSEPH 

I found another thread just now.  Actually, you may lose the promo 5GB if you change plans according to terms and conditions.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Do-I-lose-5GB-data-bonus-when-changing-...

According to the terms and conditions you would lose the add-on for a plan change.

"The 5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $25/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note that the bonus data will be applied within 30 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice."

If you do change plans, please let us know if you were able to keep the 5GB data promo.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I'm glad you weighed in, @Dunkman 

There has been a fair amount of confusion about retaining the 5GB bonus add on if one changes plans, either up or down.

I've heard many say they were able to change plans AFTER the bonus 5GB had been applied to their account.  

Perhaps in practice, the 'forfeiting' of the 5GB occurs if one changes plans BEFORE the 5 GB has been manually added by PM to the account? (i.e. within the first 30 days of activation, if someone activates on a $25 or higher plan, THEN lowers to the $15 plan BEFORE the 5 GB was added)

Is that your experience, also?

Dunkman
Oracle

@HALIMACS 

I agree with your assessment.  Usually, if you get any add on (whether promo or purchased), the customer will keep the add ons when they change plans.  If you change plans before promo is awarded, you will likely not get it.  

Personally, I believe that OP will probably keep the 5GB data promo if he changes plans, but just in case, OP should be aware of the potential risks.  I have not been part of previous threads where customers have been successful with this 5GB promo.  I just remembered that one thread that I posted above.  

Need Help? Let's chat.