cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I lose 5GB data bonus when changing plans ?

oldrinba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on $30 per 30 Days plan and still have 3GB unused from 5GB data bonus.

Do I lose them, if I switch to "$15 for 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + 250MB AutoPay Bonus"

plan ? 

6 REPLIES 6

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @oldrinba 

I would offer this very well-known movie scene as to whether the 5 GB would remain when switching... (no offense intended)

HALIMACS_1-1612118137144.jpeg

this is the other post about changing from $25 to $15 regarding the bonus data.. 

Changing plan from 25$ to 15$ - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@oldrinba 

Normally, the add on will remain in your account until used up.  Changing plans will not affect the add on.

However, with the recent promotion for 5GB data add on, in the terms and conditions, PM did state if plan changed, you will lose the add on.  Up to you whether you want to risk it.  

If you do change it, please let us know if your add on remains.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

How did you get the 5GB bonus  was it from the New Year Savings promotion?  It is a bonus for new activation for plans to be for $25 plan or higher.  So, there is a chance you will lost that.  

there was another post earlier with the same question from another member.  I am not sure if he/she went ahead and downgrade the plan.  I hope he/she saw it and will tell us how it turns out

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

According to the terms and conditions you would lose the add-on for a plan change.

"The 5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $25/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note that the bonus data will be applied within 30 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice."

nishant3113
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think the data stays on as long as you dont use it. I may be wrong. Someone here more experienced can confirm.

Need Help? Let's chat.