cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: ($50/month)-(8gb of data)-(unlimited talk Canada and US)-(unlimited international text and pic m

Just thought it would be worth noting, this plan doesn't mean you can go to the US and have unlimited access/calls within US and Canada... You'd still need to buy the add on, which I personally found misleading when I was first looking around at plans. I had thought this one was add-on already included type thing at first until I reread it. Maybe it was just me though 🤷

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: ($50/month)-(8gb of data)-(unlimited talk Canada and US)-(unlimited international text and pic m

It's clear when you read the plan details:

"5 - Talk, text and data services refer to services offered while connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network. For service when not connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network, a roaming package must be purchased. Calls must originate from Canada to the US."

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

whats not clear is that the service is intermittent at best, non-useable at worst. It cuts out mid-month or so after your 3rd month of access and you have to use this self-tech support to fix your own service. 

My data is out again and the mods take a very long time to answer ... 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@bocca That doesn't happen to me. Service always works for me. If you service keeps stopping, have the moderators look at your account.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've had pm service since 01/2020 and it worked as offered for the first few months, then in July the data stopped and it took 2 weeks to get a solution. I asked for my data payment to be returned but they(moderators) told me my device was at fault so it was my tough luck. 

HOWEVER, when I did the swap sim as advised, I put the other persons sim in my device and tried to access the wireless data and it worked. I returned my sim to my device and it worked also. At no time did I put my sim in the other device. 

A moderator named Violette did something on her end, as she said, and my mobile data was accessible. At no time did I put my sim in the other device, so their claim that my device was faulty is a fallacy. The sim card malfunctioned and they owe me the refund, x2.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A couple years ago I had public mobile for a year and I've never had a problem, then I switched to Lucky to get the Lucky to Virgin  migration plan which was a huge scam and it's own right, I've had public for a few months already and no problem, it works good and consistent since it runs off Bellus network

Need Help? Let's chat.