cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3Gb and 3gb+ bonus promotion...

Mystery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

...isn't it odd that the same plan with the bonus data actually cost more money? The "bonus" is not a free bonus, but at a $15 extra cost.

Just being facetious....just thought it was a straightforward promo, like a buy-1-get-1-free, instead of those tricky buy-1-and-get-some-discount-on-the-other.

Sure still can't beat last November's deal anywhere. Even Fido raised prices on their matching promo. So glad to still be on PM and enjoying it (other than my texting issue I'm working out with PM)

15 REPLIES 15

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@batoulfarhat  plan prices were adjusted a little while ago.  I would simply  futuredate the 3+3 plan for your next renewal.

batoulfarhat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It says discounts don't apply to plans that iclude 250 mb data, maybe that could be the reason?

batoulfarhat

On my account it says my plan costs $111 and I have a 90 day plan with province wide calling, text, and 3 gb/90 days. (I've chosen this plan a while ago)

When I choose the same plan today, it shows that it costs $105, would you know why they are charging me $111 for the same one? @mimmo

mimmo

@stonechucker  i think its an error and  should not be even listed.  thinking back it might be a remenat of the freedom promo where they were asked to pick a very low data amount.

30day talk and text = 27

30day talk text +250= 42   if we add the pick 3 discount (20$) = $22  

mimmo

@batoulfarhat you keep the bonus until you change plans. so every 90 days  yo will get 3+3

all prices shown  are pre tax

batoulfarhat

Does the 3gb + 3 bonus mean you get 6 gb for 90 days? And how long does the bonus last for?

Also, is the amount shown on my account for example my plan is $111, is that before or after taxes??

Pick 3 on all other 90 day plans have the discount.... So should the 250 mb.

Mystery

@stonechucker Yup, that is correct.

So, you think this is an oversight? Or else I'm all over suggesting where appropriate discounts are missing....hehe.

The $20 discount is missing from the option for the 250mb data package.  @Jeremy_M is this correct?

Mystery

@MoreYummy The 3gb+3gb bonus I posted about is the 90 day/3G speed/provincial talk/global text plan. There is also a 3gb with no bonus option, and I merely commented that I would have expected the bonus option be a no-cost bonus, but instead both options are available at different price points.

The other plans spoken of in the thread is the 30 day/prov.talk/global text with either the 250mb, 500mb, or 1gb data, with the 500mb and 1gb costing less than the 250mb option.

Not sure what your question refers  to...hope that makes sense!

What plan are you talking about?

Mystery

@mimmo LOL! The 500mb IS cheaper than the 250! Actually, the 1gb data is also cheaper than the 250mb! 

Hmm, @will13am PhD math, indeed!

Well, on the bright side, if one were smart, we aren't locked into duped plans so there is an option to change at each billing cycle! Just have to be a smart consumer.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Arithmetic was probably not the strong subject for the person in marketing the coined the terms that went into the plan website.  But then again, with so many combinations of throttled and unthrottled data plans, even a PhD in mathematics could get the number all messed up. 

mimmo

yeah I noticed that as well,  Usually  a bonus should be the same price as the regular price.

the other strange one is the 250mb data costs more than 500 mb.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Mystery, very true.  I guess the bonus is that you are getting the extra 3GB for $15 instead of buying it at addons for $90?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.