cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 LTE not auto connecting to LTE

kradrina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently got a unlocked lg v20 model #LGUS996. I have the 2016 fall promotion plan.

So Im able to plug in my sim card and after putting in the public mobile apn settings, connect to data. The thing is it only connects to HSPA data and not lte. Im able to go into the network operators settings and manually choose the public mobile RAT:LTE setting and connect to LTE that way but its kind of a hassle having to do this manually after resetting my phone. Any way to make this an automatic process?

20 REPLIES 20

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@zhadj030 Check your private messages in a few moments, I'd like to try to troubleshoot this further with you and see if we can come up with a working solution. 

Yes that apn is the exact same I have had. Also I tried multiple resets already since I got it rooted with no avail.

skmkenn

This is odd because normally factory resetting an LG phone should resolve this. Did you perform the factory reset with the SIM card inserted into the phone?

You should have your APN set up as follows:

Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Does the above reflect the settings that you are currently using?

Yes changes done via thr field test mode dont last after restart. Lte connects with no issue but it has to be changed manually after every restart, factory reset was done , multiple apn settings have been tried . it is a bit annoying that I have to select lte autoconnect every time instead of doing that alone

skmkenn

@zhadj030 wrote:
I am with the international 990 DS version and that did not fix my issue ;(

What steps have you taken so far in setting up the phone? Have you factory reset it after inserting the SIM card?

I checked and the specifications show that your model should support both the HSPA and LTE bands that Public Mobile uses.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
I am with the international 990 DS version and that did not fix my issue ;(

kradrina

Thank you!

skmkenn

Glad to hear it's working now! Enjoy the service and have a great day. Smiley Happy

kradrina

reset it once and it brought up a menu similar to this http://imgur.com/a/Az75k where it let me choose an operator. I didnt touch anything and it connected to lte automatically. I reset the phone again, the menu operator choice didnt pop up and it connected to lte automatically. That seemed to fix it. Thank you!

skmkenn

Type in default,mms,supl,dun in the field that's displayed and tap OK, then reboot your phone.

kradrina

skmkenn

Please tap on APN Type and take a screenshot of the options.

kradrina

skmkenn

What do you have for the APN settings currently?

kradrina

I traded a person for it. The receipt shows he bought it from bh photos in the states. The IMEI is clean.

skmkenn

Where did you buy the phone from?

kradrina

Signal is full bars 85dbm, just did a factory reset yesterday and put my public mobile sim in. Still had to put apn settings into the phone. The only way I can connect to 4g is manually and thats through the LTE/GSM/UMTS setting and then selecting the public mobile LTE network operator manually. Setting the phone to global in network mode gives me hspa with no options to manually change network submode and network operators, and the LTE/CDMA doesnt connect me at all.

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I had to factory reset my LG V20 to get it working on PM. Afterwards it worked better than ever before, better battery life, and PM APN settings were there automatically.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@kradrina did you factory reset your phone and then inserted the pm SIM card? Or is it too much of a hassle to factory reset?

have you taken your phone to another area and checked if you get LTE signal?

skmkenn

What is the signal quality like in your area (how many bars of service do you see when the phone is set to connect to LTE vs 4G/HSPA?)

Also, check under Settings > Mobile Networks > Preferred Network Type and see what it is set to. There should be a few options, you'll want to have it set to LTE/WDCMA/GSM (Auto).

Need Help? Let's chat.