cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 hour promos?

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Hey, wouldn't it be great if PM offered flash 24 hour promotions that are open to all? It would be a great way to reward loyal customers who are paying attention to the community and referring friends! 😀

I heard they had one yesterday, just for ports from FM though. 😞 Strange...
14 REPLIES 14

@will13am please try it

I was quite surprised when it worked but as I said no idea if this is because I was offered a migration plan or it it works for everyone

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Grampa I don't think it was intended to end so quickly, except that FM immediately responded to the promo by offering up a 10GB/month plan exclusively for Telus/Koodo/PM customers that ported in.  It was their way of flipping Telus the bird for yet another promo aimed at FM.  PM responded by expiring the promo prematurely, and FM did in kind, with their promo lasting only a day as well.  It's an unfortunate state of affairs!

@CalvinW nobody intentionally lied to you.  A lof of us used to give out that advise to just move over and jump on the next promo.  Based on the data we had at hand, which was that previous promos had been open to all including existing customers, this seemed like it was the PM way of doing promos.  The problem is we made assumptions and those assumptions did not hold true.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any PM staff ever said that future promos would definitely be open to everyone.  Us oracles definitely used to, but at the end of the day we are just customers too and had no idea that the direction would change for promos the way it did.  Trust me, when the first FM-aimed promo was announced, we were upset as well, and felt bad for having given out that advice.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@will13am wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

@will13am & @Luddite strangely enough if you call Koodo and enter your Public number it WILL connect you to prepaid department with your account

I am unsure if this is after the legacy reorg or related to the current migration offers ($50 for 5GB) but you actually CAN call customer service now

Nice to know.  So there is live support through the back door???

If there is, it will only be temporary. No way Koodo will "subsidize" PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@kav2001c wrote:

@will13am & @Luddite strangely enough if you call Koodo and enter your Public number it WILL connect you to prepaid department with your account

I am unsure if this is after the legacy reorg or related to the current migration offers ($50 for 5GB) but you actually CAN call customer service now

Nice to know.  So there is live support through the back door???

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Mickey Mouse business Cat Happy

@will13am , I just read about that after I came from Montreal, or is à shame that both of them already calling it quit within 24 hours ;(

@Luddite wrote:

Please spend no psychic energy wishing/hoping/waiting for ANY direct contact with Public Mobile. 🙏  

PM is intended to be different from Telus and Koodo, and this is one of those differences. We can expect more robust response from the moderator team as it has grown substantially.

I was only joking!  I know the chicken will fly before we see a call centre being added.  Just saying that if a bottom feeder like Freedom can have a retention system, surely Public Mobile can put together something as well.  Access doesn't have to be through a phone call, it can be done via private message. 

Please spend no psychic energy wishing/hoping/waiting for ANY direct contact with Public Mobile. 🙏  

PM is intended to be different from Telus and Koodo, and this is one of those differences. We can expect more robust response from the moderator team as it has grown substantially.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Well according to hofo, the Freedom offer is a one day sale as well.  The difference is that existing customers were able to call retention and get them to offer up the deal.  Now, can somebody help me with with the Public Mobile retention number?  I seem to have misplaced it.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1899679-Freedom-Mobile-offers-40-10GB-promo-to-Telus-Kood...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

after the fall promo there was another promo that was open to all. it was 4gb/$55/month

it was not as good as the fall promo but it was open to all and all the current promos (other than the targeted FM ones )are open to all, not as great as the Fall Promo.  (yes i do think they are crap  vs teh old plans, but when compared to many other current plans....  there are many threads bashing the new promos so lets avoid that discussion

The advice you were given was based on past history as that was what members had to go by.  No advice that i recall was join now and pay more money.  

I am sure the plan you got when you first joined was cheaper and likley better  than the plan you had?  Have you given any referals,earned any community rewards or put time towards loyalty  rewards.  those were also reasons forum members (including myself) suggested people join PM instead of wait.  But of course the main reason for joining when you did  are you saving money vs what you had.

a 24H promo is quite stupid and majority or people will never hear about it until it was over

I can kinda understand a 1 day sale on boxing day or black friday but Aug 17???

http://www.onthisday.com/events/august/17

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CalvinW wrote:
Wouldn't that be great? I was told that I should join PM first and would be able to switch to any new promos that comes along. However, that's just a lie. All the promos after the Fall promo are just trash and when a good promo does come up, it is restricted to certain customers.

Yes.... PM screwed exisiting customers/community members by getting us to do all the referring, but then they restrict the promo only to FreedomMobile port over.   I am waiting for an apology PM or just open up great promo's to all customers we refer to PM.   🙂

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Wouldn't that be great? I was told that I should join PM first and would be able to switch to any new promos that comes along. However, that's just a lie. All the promos after the Fall promo are just trash and when a good promo does come up, it is restricted to certain customers.
Need Help? Let's chat.