cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth compatibilty

Anne13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have switched to a new phone using my previous sim card....phone is compatible with network, and is working but having trouble connecting to my Bluetooth. Is there anything I might have forgotten to do?

7 REPLIES 7

ladybearbc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

We were having problems with our ipods being connected by Bluetooth to our Volkswagon. Sometimes it worked - sometimes it didn't. Finally DH went to the dealer and they paired it - no charge. Not sure if there was something special they did - but works now.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anne13 wrote:

Thanks for replying. The phone is an Asus ZenFone4 with Android 7.1.1. I am conecting to Sync in a Ford. My other phone connected and am only changing phones not provider. I have been with Public Mobile. I am also having trouble with data....and thinking this may be the problem

@Anne13 okay so sounds like it's a phone issue.  I have used Sync in both a 2008 and 2011 Fusion (the latter of which I still own) on varoius phones and various versions of Android from 5.0 (at least, maybe earlier), through 9.0, with little issue.  Have you tried a network reset on the phone and a Master Reset on your Sync system, and then try the pairing again?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

aaronsanto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it doesnt have anything to do with the service provider. Best bet and I had a similar issue syncing with my speakers when I changed the sim is to RESET your bluetooth and then search again to pair. If this doesnt work switch the devices on and off again and check the reciving device to see if it has been set to bluetooth enabled

let me know if that works

@Anne13 wrote:

Thanks for replying. The phone is an Asus ZenFone4 with Android 7.1.1. I am conecting to Sync in a Ford. My other phone connected and am only changing phones not provider. I have been with Public Mobile. I am also having trouble with data....and thinking this may be the problem

Data has nothing to do with the Bluetooth settings. For data, check your APN settings and match it with the one found here: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

For bluetooth, i am not sure what could be the issue. Only those who used that phone or such Sync system before can help you. Right now, google is your friend. 

Anne13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anne13 wrote:

Have switched to a new phone using my previous sim card....phone is compatible with network, and is working but having trouble connecting to my Bluetooth. Is there anything I might have forgotten to do?

@Anne13 Public Mobile (or any other carrier) has absolutely nothing to do with your phone's Bluetooth connections.  That said, I'm sure someone here can try to help.  But you will need to give us more details:  what brand and model of phone are you using, and what version (of iOS or Android) is it running?  What Bluetooth device(s) are you trying to connect to?  Have you previously been able to connect this phone to this/these device(s) successfully?  If so, has anything changed since then other than the move from a previous provider to Public Mobile?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Anne13 This does not seem to be an issue with the PM service. I have moved your post to the Phone and Hardware category. 

Please specify the phone you are using so someone with the similar phone or experience can help you with your issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.