cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN settings on Umidigi A3Pro cannot be edited makes mobile data not working

bethm0606
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Community!
I bought a new Umidigi A3Pro through Amazon last week. Unfortunately, when I am trying to use my mobile data, it is not working. There is a default APN settings that cannot be edited.  The sim that I have inserted in Umidigi A3Pro was my existing public mobile sim being used in my LG G4.  There has been no problem in my LG G4 using the existing sim. Since I have a new unit, I transferred my sim from LG G4 to Umidigi A3Pro, sad to say mobile data is not working.
Is there someone here that has the same problem? What did you do? Please help and thank you in advance.

44 REPLIES 44

Janterry
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the exact same issue.  What worked for me is I ordered a Roam Mobility sim card (Amazon $4.95), took my PM sim out, popped the roam one in, was able to manually add PM APN, put my PM SIM back in and Voila!  

jesusisgod

u need to hook the phone up to a pc ss well to do thos 

jesusisgod

walmart woulf not let me in st john..i returned phone to amazon .Itd umidigis software 

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes agreed i received no such info from moderator other than tske to tevhnician was finap response .Not nice .Ty i hope this will help .If pm knows there is sn issue with umidigi phones  not getting data with pm  card but is with other sims then it is not umidigi .I have been attempting to resolve this .ty community members 

This problem is not isolated to PM.

There's another SIM from Roam Mobility that will apparently allow making the APN. Then there's the rather more complicated app that can open it up too.

jesusisgod

yes agreed i received no such info from moderator other than tske to tevhnician was finap response .Not nice .Ty i hope this will help .If pm knows there is sn issue with umidigi phones  not getting data with pm  card but is with other sims then it is not umidigi .I have been attempting to resolve this .ty community members 

bethm0606

UPDATE:

After reading everyone's insights, I use a Freedom Mobile sim and put it into my Umidigi phone. Added PM's APN setting and saved it.

Removed the Freedom Mobile sim, inserted PM sim and viola, mobile data is working now.

It's just sad to say that PM can't do anything to have the APN settings be edited and we have to do this manually using another provider.

Thank you everyone for your inputs.

@bethm0606 wrote:

@geopublic, will try your suggestion. Thank you

Hope it solves the problem. Please keep us updated.

@bethm0606 wrote:

Tried the link that a fellow member sent me, followed the instructions, unfortunately, there are some info that doesn't show up in my screen (like USB debugging).
Will try to buy a different sim and see how it goes. Tnx

In order to see USB Debugging you need to turn on Developer options on your phone. Just click on settings --About -- Build. Just tap on the build number three times

Once Developer options are enabled just access that option and turn on USB debugging.

@bethm0606 wrote:

Tried the link that a fellow member sent me, followed the instructions, unfortunately, there are some info that doesn't show up in my screen (like USB debugging).

@bethm0606Try enabling developer mode first

go to settings

about phone

click on build number a bunch of times

then you can go back to settings, system, developer options and find the settings "andriod debugging"

bethm0606

@geopublic, will try your suggestion. Thank you

bethm0606

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bethm0606 wrote:

Hello Community!
I bought a new Umidigi A3Pro through Amazon last week. Unfortunately, when I am trying to use my mobile data, it is not working. There is a default APN settings that cannot be edited.  The sim that I have inserted in Umidigi A3Pro was my existing public mobile sim being used in my LG G4.  There has been no problem in my LG G4 using the existing sim. Since I have a new unit, I transferred my sim from LG G4 to Umidigi A3Pro, sad to say mobile data is not working.
Is there someone here that has the same problem? What did you do? Please help and thank you in advance.

Apparently if you insert a Freedom Mobile SIM into your phone it will allow you to add APNs.  So if you can get access to one insert it add the PM APN info put in your PM SIM and it should work.

bethm0606

@RobertQc 
I tried resetting it, manual and automatic network but still cannot edit the APN.
Will try the link that you sent and get back to you whatever the results is. Thank you for your help.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@bethm0606  Have you tried a network reset, then automatically connecting to whatever network / removing sim card and allowing carrier settings to re-assign?

Is the network operator (public mobile) on automatic, or manual?

You likely have 8/8.1 android. Common problem. If you have 8/8.1 try this https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75157321&postcount=14

Read through this post too https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Android-8-1-APN-settings/td-p/241715

Need Help? Let's chat.