cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help return $5/month that was overcharged to me. thanks

seanwuu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I remember that the plan I booked was $25 per month(1 GB of data at 3G Speed)with AutoPay Bonus.($25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus)
However, I was charged $31.64(including tax) from the next month after my booking, and $31.64 was automatically debited from my credit card. Using credit card automatic debit, it should be the $25 plan I booked on Feb 25, 2019.
Please help check if something went wrong, please help return the previous $5/month that was overcharged to me.
Thank you!

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jdmom3 wrote:

The first payment will not deduct any autopay $. The autopay will be doubled the 2nd month. Then once per month after that. 

I'm not sure of the relevance of $2 on a $5 thread.

Jdmom3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The first payment will not deduct any autopay $. The autopay will be doubled the 2nd month. Then once per month after that. 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@seanwuu wrote:

I am in winnipeg,MB.  This is the history of credit card.  

26/04/2019PUBLIC MOBILE 855-4782542 BC$31.64

This is the record of Public Mobile:  

DateTransaction TypeCredit (Payments)Debit (Charges)Balance
26-Apr-191GB at 3G Speed/ 1Go à la vitesse 3G $20.00$0.00
26-Apr-1930-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$20.00
26-Apr-19Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto.$28.00 $30.00
26-Apr-19AutoPay Reward$2.00 $2.00

I don't see the overcharge. Your plan, less the discount, plus tax works out to the amount it is showing you were charged. The PM site doesn't show you the taxes which confuses a fair number of people so don't feel bad about that! Looks like you are on the old $30 for 500 mb + 500mb plan. You really should switch to the $25 version it on your next renewal. I'm pretty certain there is no advantage to staying on that version of it. PM doesn't change your plan automatically when they introduce a new plan or discount an existing one, or even add a new feature to an old plan. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lieux wrote:

@seanwuu wrote:

Thank you guys.  I have just sent the message to  

Why did you sent them a message? Your screenshot shows us that you have the 30$ plan and not the 25$ plan....?....

Yes but the OP said they believe they had the $25 plan. Maybe they think plans change automatically like has been asked in the past. But that's not what he was asking.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux wrote:

@seanwuu wrote:

Why did you sent them a message? Your screenshot shows us that you have the 30$ plan and not the 25$ plan....?....

@Lieux exactly.  $30 plan - $2 Auto Pay = $28, x1.13 tax = $31.64.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@seanwuu wrote:

seanwuu

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@seanwuu   If you haven't already done so, you can future date to the $25 for your next renewal.  Make sure you select next renewal so you don't lose features remaining in your current plan:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@seanwuu wrote:

From your payment, I'd almost say you're on the $30/1GB plan.  When did you change to the $25 plan?

seanwuu

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@seanwuu wrote:

I remember that the plan I booked was $25 per month(1 GB of data at 3G Speed)with AutoPay Bonus.($25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus)
However, I was charged $31.64(including tax) from the next month after my booking, and $31.64 was automatically debited from my credit card. Using credit card automatic debit, it should be the $25 plan I booked on Feb 25, 2019.
Please help check if something went wrong, please help return the previous $5/month that was overcharged to me.
Thank you!

You will have an easier time asking moderator to credit your phone account with $5.  Refund could take a while.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@seanwuu If you don't mind posting a screenshot for that period we might be able to help you determine what happened. 

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you feel you have a billing issue dispute then contacting a moderator at the link below is the best thing to do. Please note it my take up 48-72 hours for a response.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@seanwuu wrote:

Thank you!

We can't look at your account, you need to contact the Moderator_Team via the envelope icon top right of your post and ask for assistance.  If you've been overcharged they will give you a credit in your account to offset next month's bill.  They can take anywhere from 2-48 hours to respond though.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@seanwuu wrote:

Thank you!

The price seems not right...25$=taxes should be in QC 28.74$...it depends where do you leave...but not 31.64$. Can you check in your self-serve account in tab PAYMENT and tab PAYMENT HISTORY what can you see for this transaction?

Need Help? Let's chat.