cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Process Transaction Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information

SoniaH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have two phones with Public Mobile, both were signed up with Visa Debit and Auto-Pay.

Both have been working fine for over a year.

On May19, they BOTH received a text stating "Your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment... We tried to process your AutoPay renewal but something went wrong..."

My bank info has not changed, and my card is till usable everywhere else.

I tried deleting the card and re-adding it, as well as adding a different card and no luck.

I am able to add funds using a voucher, so I can at least use the phones, but this is very frustrating, and I don't understand why it happened - obviously something went wrong on Public Mobile's side...

Any advice or insight is appreciated, and as per suggestions in previous threads, I have messaged the mods directly in case I fraud-locked my accounts.

Thanks!

P.s. When I try to change the card on the website, this is the message I get -

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

6 REPLIES 6

SoniaH

So I was able to re-add my card. Unfortunately I'm not sure exactly what fixed it, maybe using all caps and adding the middle initial my bank has on file (which I tried previously).

I still have no idea why it stopped working in the first place, so there's that...

Thanks for all the suggestions!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SoniaH Give it a little bit of time, and try again. It probably locked up your card after so many attempts, but the system should reset itself.

When dealing with more than one Public Mobile account ensure you are totally logged out of 1 before you log into the other, use different browsers, device, etc.

It kind of sounds like you try this already, but maybe this was after the lock already happened.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SoniaH As you have autopay with a valid card, but have no service, you likely need assistance from the moderators.

To get a ticket click https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question into SIMon.  Invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. Click it then login and pick the topic, if needed, from the drop down menu. To confirm your ticket has been submitted, check the SENT box in your private messages; click the small envelope beside your avatar at top right on your screen.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SoniaH 

Has anything changed since your last successful payment? Has your bank made a slight change in your billing address like switching it to all caps? Or adding a middle name? Check your billing address with your official Canada Post address. Here is my usual advice that has worked for most.

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

SoniaH

Thank you for the suggestion, I should have mentioned that I tried this as well.
Multiple desktop and mobile browsers, incognito mode, cleared cache/cookies

Same error.

Regards, Sonia

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Try clearing your cache and cookies the reboot.

Need Help? Let's chat.