cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment issue

dimonic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

About two months ago, I found out that my daughter's phone payment had not gone through and her phone account was de-activated. I went online and paid. The payment succeeded and I gave it no more thought. Another month has passed, a new payment has automatically been paid, and her phone is still not activated, and an attempt to call says there has to be a payment to use the service. I checked the payment history, and payments have been made and the account is up to date.

The number is *******.

Apparently we don't for the most part need this phone service anyway - so if there is a problem in re-activating this service, I will stop payment instead.

11 REPLIES 11

@dimonic 

😞      I guess it is time to open a ticket with Mod:

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html, then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dimonic

Tried the sim-removal and repower. No luck.

@dimonic 

Try removing the sim card for 10 minutes and reseating it and powering the phone back on again.

Although waiting for the moderators to contact you if you have submited a support ticket is preferable you could also try suspending the service via lost/stolen and then log out/in. Resume service. Log out and reboot. But this comes with a glitch that any rewards on the account will not apply upon renewal and you will have to contact the moderators after renewal to apply any rewards manually.

@dimonic 

You should delete your screenshot from your post and from your community profile as its revealing more info than you intend.....once I looked closer at it. It has achieved the desired result of showing us the account does indeed say active.

Have you tried the sim card in another phone? I expect the same result so I'm grasping at straws but it can't hurt check just to rule out any kind of device issue.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dimonic  what is show on the phone display?  Any error about the SIM?

are both incoming and outgoing call failing?

Does Data work?

Also, if you go to Self-Serve ->Plan and Add-Ons->Usage History, anything showing there? or nothing for the past 2 months?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dimonic : Yes the account looks fine and paid and active. That is a head scratcher. It being someone elses phone (your daughter) what are the chances the SIM is in a different phone? How many accounts do you have here?

@dimonic 

This is a head scratcher.....unless we are both missng something really obvious I have no explanation to why you don't have service. I think its perfectly right to ask for a credit for service you have been unable to use. The moderator may limit it to one month just because you took awhile to look for a solution but ask for two montns anyways since its your daughter's limited use phone/service and she may not have noticed or known what to do or ask her dad to fix her phone in a timely manner.

Contact the moderators by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom left corner of your screen. Type in account specific issue and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via simon. Then keep an eye on your private message box for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Wait times average 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Lately wait times have been about an hour however there was a spam attack last night which will occupy moderator time today so expect response times to be slower than usual and expect at least 3 to 4 hour wait times.

Please report back what the issue has been with no service, how they fix it and your success at obtaining a credit. You may contact me publicly or privately if you need more help or advice on how to achieve the results you seek with the moderators but they are usually very understanding and accomodating. Best of luck.

dimonic

When I use it to call 611 I get a message that says "Sorry, your service has been temporarily suspended. Please make a payment...".

While they're at it - I should get a rebate/credit for the last two months of no service.

@dimonic 

Do you have any services on the phone? What happens when you dial 611?

dimonic

The account already says "active", it has done so ever since I made the payment a couple months ago. I added another monthly payment amount. I tried calling. I then powered down/up the phone. I tried calling. same deal.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dimonic 

Please use the 3 dots at the top right corner of your post to edit out the phone # as this is a public forum and you may get nuisance calls....

Edit:

You may have made the payment but you have to reactivate the service yourself after an autopay failure and a manual top up payment is made. Can you log into the account? If so go in and click on the reactivate service button. If that fails to take the payment from the balance then go to the plans or usage page. Click the lost/stolen feature. Suspend the service. Log out/in. Resume the service. Does the service on the overview page now say Active? If so log out and reboot the phone. If not then you may need to try adding $1 to the balance from the credit card on file. If that still fails to reactivate the service then moderator contact will be needed....but probably not.

Need Help? Let's chat.