cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot e-mail used to sign in

sapochule
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I forgot the e-mail I used to sign in and started a process to reset e-mail and password.

Did the initial verification questions but now a moderator asks me to provide the e-mail used to sign in, which I forgot, yet moderator insists in me providing it. (really? lol)

How can I get out of this situation? My bill needs to be paid on the 26th and I need to understand if I have auto pay (I don't remember) and I don't want to be locked out of my phone number.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

sapochule
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I ended  up finding the correct address, which I tried previously but must have had a  typo and it was not recognized.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sapochule  try each of your email addresses in the lost password, it will through an error for invalid email addresses, if it asks you for security question you found the email address.

If you verrified your account vis sms verification when submitting the ticket not sure why mod is asking you for the email address strange...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sapochule  .. if you open a ticket with mod now, it's likely they will get back to you tomorrow and you have enough time to logon and check your Autopay setup.

Alternatively, you can use the voucher option mentioned by @computergeek541 .   There is also Instant Top-up other at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations.

Top Up your Account (publicmobile.ca)

To open a ticket with mod

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@sapochule wrote:

I forgot the e-mail I used to sign in and started a process to reset e-mail and password.

Did the initial verification questions but now a moderator asks me to provide the e-mail used to sign in, which I forgot, yet moderator insists in me providing it. (really? lol)

How can I get out of this situation? My bill needs to be paid on the 26th and I need to understand if I have auto pay (I don't remember) and I don't want to be locked out of my phone number.

Check your e-mail inboxes for the welcome e-mail to see if you posssibly still have that message.  This is a security measure to make sure that the account is yours. My suggestion would be narrow it down to maybe 2 or 3 that you might have used and explain to the moderator that you're not sure which one you used. Simply not knowing it could cause doubts to if you're authorized to make changes to the account, I would reply back to the moderator's private message with as much informaiton about the account as you can with information such as your activation date, details about which plan you're on, the last 4 digits of your credit card number, and your account PIN. Please remember only to provide this type of information by private messageing to the username Moderator_Team.

As for you paying for your next renewal, you can purchase a voucher from a store or online from a site such as recharge.com.  The voucher amount can be added to your accont by dialing *611. If you have autopay enabled, it will only charge any credit card that you might have used if necessary (if there aren't already enough funds in the account for renewal).  Remember to check your account balance before buying the voucher so that you don't spend more money than necessary (if you add the voucher amount to your account after autopay kicks in, you'd have extra balance that woin't get used until the following renewal).

Need Help? Let's chat.