Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have this issue since 2 months and support did not help

zakisp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I paid 15$ for 100 min

When i try to make call

I can't make call

When i try to make call, it redirect me to an audio message saying: i can't make call

i mean local area number in Montréal, i mean number i always used to call, i mean calling friends

I gave up, even tho i paid for it, but i said i will contact public mobile when i have time

Everyday i try to make call (i forgot that i can't), everyday or everytime i do it, i recieve that message which last 1:30 to 2 min

At the end of the month i did it probably 50 times, i try to call then i hear message that i can't calll, sometimes 3 times a day i try to call back, then i remember ah i can't call 

Sometimes i do it, i say let's try prob it works,but it did not work, first day i tried to call like 20 times to see if now it works, but still can't call 

at the end of the month, those useless call that redirect always to voice message saying i can't make call, were total of 109 min probably.

I contacted Public Mobile, they said:

We see that you renewed successfuly Sep 29,2019

We see that you made 109 min call 

When i see the table of call history, that i called a generic number of public mobile: (i don't know if i can post the number)

Probably it's the number it redirect when someone can't make call 

I asked Public Mobile moderation to send me the list of call, 

they sent me an google spreadsheet document, that show exactly me calling public mobile generic phone number total of 109 min

Why i use my minute to call 109 min the audio message ?

this is ironic

I call friends => can't call => auto forward to public mobile audio message

those audio message get calculated => i pay for them

then now, dear customer you used your minute

The problem with support not only Public Mobile, a lot of agents, are not that competant to deal with complex situation other than regular easy common issue. so they assume that customer is making it complex, and then they send you a copy/past message from theris notes, it show clearly that they don't understand the situation 

33 REPLIES 33

@AE_CollectorIt's been awhile since I've been to the salon. Whatcha goin' to do?

Nice hair!

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  It can't be that hard to do on this platform if photos can be added.

20191226_203227.jpg

Wish we could upload our own avatars!

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  my apologies  just noticed you and @geopublic  have the same avatar. I wasn't paying close enough attention. I now realize my tagging may be a little misconstrued now.

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector  Well your second post...but the issue had resolved itself and the OP was trying to figure out what went wrong in october. The renewal probably fixed the message from occurring  and @zakisp just went back to normal dialing.

No, my first post, page 1, post #6 counting @zakisp initial post as #1. But you are correct,  it didn't matter now.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  Well your second post...but the issue had resolved itself and the OP was trying to figure out what went wrong in october. The renewal probably fixed the message from occurring  and @zakisp just went back to normal dialing.

@AE_Collector wrote:

Try dialing 1 then a 10 digit number and tell us if that works or not.

AE_Collector

my first post and first question in this topic.

AE_Collector

@zakisp  As you may or may not know but are finding out public mobile can be very glitchy but that also why your phone bill is only $15. My telus bill for basically the same was $35. So there is trade offs. When you have time read a little more on the community and you wll learn the common but sometimes weird glitches pm has. But if something strange is going on with your phone or your services come here first we will try to help. Even @geopublic doesn't quite understand my theory  but we will test and confirm it when someone gets that message again like you on the $15 plan to see exactly how it shows up in the usage history. You can contact a moderator and ask them to read the thread and see what they think or even private message @Alan_K and see what he thinks.

I do agree more info for customers alerting them to things like calling messages and their meanings,  glitches and bugs would be worthwhile but companies often don't want to point out their failings or flaws but an informed customer is a happier customer in the end.

zakisp

If it's a common issue, why they did not understood it 

If this is the way how Public Mobile works, i think they should insist that users need to add 1

Also it happened only on octobre ( so adding 1 is only necessary in octobre) it doesn't make sens.

After that, i was able to call on new cycle, and call are calculated with accuracy 

The mistake i did, i contacted them at the end of the month near renewal date, if i contacted support in the begining of the month, they will see clearly that i wasn't able to make call in first place

@darlicious  No, it doesn't.

@geopublic  Just like incoming calls that are hung up on before going to voicemail that are still recorded as on your usage history as a voicemail number. I'm not 100% on this but doing the same on the OP's part calling out with that message probably causes it to be counted as a call despite not connecting (as it states in the t of s). And then appears on the usage history as a voicemail call because it doesn't connect to the number called to record that number in the usage history. When I call my boyfriend and he doesn't answer by the 5th ring I hang up if I don't need to leave a voicemail and I will text him to call me. In the usage history it is recorded as a voicemail not my number because it doesn't connect. I haven't tried the other way around with a $15 plan to test with that message but that's what it sounds like is happening...does that make sense?

@zakisp  This message and issue is quite common most people ( and I am by no means holding you at fault here) have come on the community and posted this issue after a couple of calls. The problem with the message is identified and the solution offered: dial (1) before the number or ignore the message and wait for your call to connect. The moderators should have been able to identify the problem but did not. This is why I think they should offer you a credit.

@zakisp wrote:

I've noticed something wierd:

Since day one of renewal:  it says you can't make call

When contacted support end of month, they told me you used 109 min

109 min were calculated at the end of the month 

BUT

I could not make call since day one of billing, not after using 109 (to hear that i can't make call)

I saw a post 2 month ago someone has same issue, someone responds says, sometimes public mobile system fail to renew minute for account and that happened few time

IN LOG HISTORY

it says that all call were redirected to : (438) 580-4001

Here is 1 screenshot from 10 screenshot from call log history 

Capture.PNG

Why it show that number and not that i called friends number ?

Even if this number is same as voice mail, it's probably same that they forward to when you have no minute, Who gonna callvoice mail for 7 seconds, and then close phone

it's 7 seconds cause i try to call .... then i hear again the message that i can't make call, so stop the call

I don't think support will understand or find a solution

all the above was explained

@zakisp  That number is Public's voicemail number.

@zakisp  I can see why the moderators did not understand your issue. After reading thru the thread clueing in to what the problem appears to be @Anonymous  @AE_Collector  @geopublic  and @PAULRANG18  havevall tried to help but have not seemingly understood the problem either. By dialing (1) first you can now complete your calls now? This message can randomly start on your phone and randomly disappear as well. This is why it only seemed to happen in october. Continuing to call in the same manner probably perpetuated the message reoccurring for so long. Maybe if you talk to the moderators they will give you a credit for your $5/500min add on or at the very least $1.09 for your 109 incomplete calls. This is where that message can create a frustrated customer by an extreme example of not understanding the message which should say place a (1) before dialing even for local calls please remain on the line so we can complete your call (it doesn't and pm can't change it but that's the issue.)

zakisp

but how come it was always working fine

And why just after that month, everything become fine, i never dialled 1 before the number to call

What changes this month so i can call ?

What allowed me to call before that month, and for year before using diff company plan without dialing 1

Why it happened only that month

Why that month i needed to add 1 before phone number  to be able to call 

@zakisp  Did you each time hang up after the message you received or did you remain on the line waiting to see if you could connect? Did the calls ever disconnect while you were still on the phone? It sounds like you were getting the message because you did not dial (1) first. You would then get that message there would be a delay in connecting to the customer You were calling. If you hung up before it would connect pm would still consider it and charge it as a one minute call but record it as a voicemail call because the call was never answered by the party you were calling. The message causes confusion for the customer (you) but unfortunately you continued to try calling 100 times to keep getting the message without realizing to stay on the line or dial (1) first to get rid of the message until you ran out of plan minutes. Then the message would tell you a similar thing but now it was indicating you had run out of plan minutes and would need an add on to make outgoing calls. Which if you did not dial (1) would continue to give you the original message. Even with an add on.

zakisp

Overview show this month

I'm talking about "octobre" month ? 

This month everything seems fine i have my 100 min and now it's 92 min and i'm aware of my calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please post a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

zakisp

I just wanted to add i tried one time accessing voicemail early that month that i paid, and i could not, it ask me to add more minute 

zakisp

I've noticed something wierd:

Since day one of renewal:  it says you can't make call

When contacted support end of month, they told me you used 109 min

109 min were calculated at the end of the month 

BUT

I could not make call since day one of billing, not after using 109 (to hear that i can't make call)

I saw a post 2 month ago someone has same issue, someone responds says, sometimes public mobile system fail to renew minute for account and that happened few time

IN LOG HISTORY

it says that all call were redirected to : (438) 580-4001

Here is 1 screenshot from 10 screenshot from call log history 

Capture.PNG

Why it show that number and not that i called friends number ?

Even if this number is same as voice mail, it's probably same that they forward to when you have no minute, Who gonna callvoice mail for 7 seconds, and then close phone

it's 7 seconds cause i try to call .... then i hear again the message that i can't make call, so stop the call

I don't think support will understand or find a solution

all the above was explained

zakisp

I did and i sent more than 10 long detailled message, i guess they did not took time to read all cause it's long and probably a lot of client they send long message for useless reason.

I was clear and repeated explaining that in 5 different way to make it clear, i recieved many generic copy/past message that doesn't answer my questions, but do answer other kind of issue

I published in forum cause private moderator were unable to understand situation

support thought i used my 100 min in call or voicemail

even in call log history it show that all call redirected to a public mobile number, the one that tell that call cannot be done cause 100 min are exceeded

Forwarded call to that number are total of 109 min in log history.

I did not check voicemail throu my phone i don't do that. i do it via an other phone and i enter my pin

I never tried to call my voicemail few minutes daily to exceed 109 min

zakisp

I switched to public mobile when i heard about the 100 min outgoing call, unlimitted ingoing call and i always had that plan

I was not member when 15$ out/ing 100 min was available

i never select it 

and previous month were always the 100 min outgoing call, unlimitted ingoing call and unlimitted text and 250mo  data

Okay you should be in the current (improved) $15 plan then. The original $15 plan was launched in the early part of 2019. It definitely existed in June and was already on the newer improved version by then when I went on it for one month as I was out of the country for two of the four weeks.

AE_Collector

@zakisp wrote:

No if it was one VOICEMAIL, it mean i used my 100 min

109 min were total minute used that month on call log history, and those 109 min were reaching the audio message saying you can't make this call

I had this plan months before it was always fine, i always could use 100 min to call and unlimitted uncoming

it happen only in octobre 2019 , i did not changed plan, i did not claimed other feature, i just paid the 15$ that was pending online on self serve

@zakisp If that is the case then contact PM explain again what happened and ask for a refund.

zakisp

No if it was one VOICEMAIL, it mean i used my 100 min

109 min were total minute used that month on call log history, and those 109 min were reaching the audio message saying you can't make this call

I had this plan months before it was always fine, i always could use 100 min to call and unlimitted uncoming

it happen only in octobre 2019 , i did not changed plan, i did not claimed other feature, i just paid the 15$ that was pending online on self serve

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Plan minutes likely were depleted on older 15.00 plan which only included 100 minutes, incoming and outgoing. New version of 15.00 plan includes unlimited incoming and 100 outgoing. Member should switch to newer plan which offers more.

@zakisp wrote:

unlimitted incoming

100 min outcoming

@zakisp  Ok were the 109 minutes spent on checking your voicemail?

Try dialing 1 then a 10 digit number and tell us if that works or not. 

Did you log in and claim the 400 free US and Infernational long distance calling promotion offered to everyone on about a December 4 through Dec 25? This would provide 400 minutes of calling, even local if you used up your 100 minutes of outbound calling per month.

When did you go on to the $15 plan? It initially gave 100 minutes total calling but a newer plan was offered soon after giving unlimited incoming and 100 minutes outgoing. It wasn't a change to the plan but rather an updated plan so customers need to ensure that they have changed to this plan. Otherwise your 100 minutes can be consumed completely with incoming calls.

<edit> I am a slow typer!

AE_Collector

zakisp

unlimitted incoming

100 min outcoming

Need Help? Let's chat.