cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does AutoPay work?

sophiak0613
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's my first week using Public Mobile and wanted to ask about how exactly the AutoPay system works.

1. Can I change my plan after 1 month is done? or should it be done 1 day before expiry?

2. If I marked the plan to be autopay but happen to change to higher plan after 30 days, does that mean autopay isn't applicable anymore? Will I get charged for "cancelling" autopay with the first (lower) plan?

3. If I didn't do autopay, would my phone number be lost (as in non re-claimable) after 30 day period is over? 

Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6

rliu1993
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You could set your plan any time, and it could be renew right the way or on renewal day.

Auto pay will charge on the day of renewal, and will get 2dollors credit every 30days

You have 90 day to reactive your plan

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sophiak0613 wrote:

It's my first week using Public Mobile and wanted to ask about how exactly the AutoPay system works.

1. Can I change my plan after 1 month is done? or should it be done 1 day before expiry?

You can change plans anytime - yes, best to do so near renewal.

2. If I marked the plan to be autopay but happen to change to higher plan after 30 days, does that mean autopay isn't applicable anymore? Auto-pay remains active with a registered payment card. Will I get charged for "cancelling" autopay with the first (lower) plan? No charges for cancelling - you just forfeit the remaining days/amount already pre-paid if changing plans.

3. If I didn't do autopay, would my phone number be lost (as in non re-claimable) after 30 day period is over? No, so long as service is not inactive for greater than 89 days, you do not need autopay.  If inactive for 90+ days, the account and number becomes permanently disabled and non-reclaimable.  You would also need a new SIM card & go through the Activation process to get new service.

Thanks! 

Hi @sophiak0613  see responses inserted above in red text.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sophiak0613 

Welcome to public mobile!

1. Changing plans can be done two ways....Now which once you add enough funds to cover the plan amount and choose "now" the plan will change immediately. There's no refund for the services you didn't use and a new 30 day cycle begins. Rewards are not applied until you complete the new 30 day cycle.The most compelling reason to do this is when users run out of data and its more economical than buying a $15/1gb data addon. If they are not changing plans to a higher data plan (usually) and just want to renew their current plan they must contact a moderator to change it for them. 
  2. Change on next renewal.....this is the most common way to change plans. Maybe theres a limited time offer ( like the recent change from canada wide calling to province wide calling plans) or a plan is being eliminated. Many will schedule a plan change ( even if the deal ends before renewal) so they get grandfathered into that plan. Or others will change plans to bigger ones for summers at the cottage and smaller ones for winter at home with wifi. If you go to a higher priced plan it is recommended to add the additional funds to the extra amount as autopay sometimes fails in this situation. 
  3. Autopay is just there to earn you a $2 reward and pay for your renewal if you forget to pay manually either from you credit card on file, a voucher or an instant top up. Many of us don't rely on autopay and just top up a day or two ahead of time to avoid the rare but possible autopay failure and loss of service. There are no extra charges or fees at pm and your card will not be charged for anything extra unless you authorize it and purchase it by your hand.
  4. If you allow your account to be suspended for 90 days (without payment) then it will be cancelled and you will lose your number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sophiak0613 :

1. You can change anytime. There are two ways it can be changed. Immediately or at your next renewal.

2. With autopay toggled on, it stays on. There are no extra charges here.

3. Not necessarily. You can choose not to have autopay on and pay using vouchers or Instant Top-up. The 90 days starts when the account goes into suspension for lack of payment (of self-suspending).

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@sophiak0613 

You can change a plan anytime you want. If you do it is best to choose Change on next renewal date. If you choose Change plan now you will not receive any credit for your current plan. All current plans at Public Mobile are on 30 day cycles not monthly. 

As long as autopay is on your plan will renew. If you turn it off you have 90 days from your renewal date to make a payment, otherwise after 90 days without a payment your account is closed. It is best to make a payment on the 85th day in case something goes wrong and you have a few days to fix.

2882B796-DBF5-465B-9D4F-8C54A81F65AD.jpeg

@sophiak0613 wrote:

2. If I marked the plan to be autopay but happen to change to higher plan after 30 days, does that mean autopay isn't applicable anymore? Will I get charged for "cancelling" autopay with the first (lower) plan?

3. If I didn't do autopay, would my phone number be lost (as in non re-claimable) after 30 day period is over? 

Plan changes can be done any time you like. However, you must tell the system to pre-schedule the change at the time of next reneal (manually changing plans on the renewal date isn't the same).    If you set the scheduled change up, you will lose the amount paid for your current plan and the new plan fee will be do immediately.

The autopay system automatically adjusts the charge the charge that is needed to your credit/visa debit card.

If you don't pay to renew your plan, the account will be permanently closed after 90 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.