cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - McD App won’t work externally but internet works - help!

Emilyiphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Data/internet works on my phone (I have the $40 plan) but for some strange reason, McD app won’t work when I am on data. 

mcD app works when I am home and on wifi.it will also work when I hotspot with a friend’s phone.

But it will not work when I am on data.

have tried to reinstall the app numerous times and reset the phone as well numerous times.

does anyone know what can be the problem and how to solve?

13 REPLIES 13

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You're welcome! 

I'm glad we were able to help 🙂

cool.. you should be good. Let us know if you need further help, you can try to send me a hamburger to see if it works!   🤣

Emilyiphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone! So helpful! It seems to be the cellular data setting in the app. It was clicked “off” and don’t remember turning it off. Haven’t tried to use the app off the wifi yet since turning  cellular data back on but will try this weekend. Thanks!

@Emilyiphone wrote:

Data/internet works on my phone (I have the $40 plan) but for some strange reason, McD app won’t work when I am on data. 

mcD app works when I am home and on wifi.it will also work when I hotspot with a friend’s phone.

have tried to reinstall the app numerous times and reset the phone as well numerous times.

In the past, some carriers have used a proxy (not to be confused with MMS proxy) that was setup in the APN settings, and I believe that Public Mobile, Koodo, Mobilicity, and Wind did as well. Unfortunately, I noticed that using this proxy would interfere with webistes that you needed to login for use (examples: ebay, hotmail, TD, etc.). I would suggest to check your APN settings to ensure that the proxy setting is left blank (once again, proxy and MMS proxy are two different things).

Pffttt.... free fries. 

Out west here in BC we get a FREE full Meal Deal for TWO for each playoff game the Canucks play!

AE_Collector

@esjliv wrote:

Tomorrow is Fry-day after all!

Raptors is done ..no more Fry-day  😞

Yes, the McApp should be good itself on PM network.. I have been using it as my Life-saver.. LoL. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Emilyiphone wrote:

@Emilyiphone 

I just tested this, it works for me in Wifi, and it also works through Wifi.

Must be some setting on your phone or the particular app.

For giggles:

• Ensure your phone has the latest operating software.
  • Try toggling into airplane mode, then back to regular mode.
  • Then try a reset of your network settings.

Does the app then work?

Tomorrow is Fry-day after all!

Let's hope it's not an app issue.  Support from McDonald Corporate office is pretty much none, they don't reply email or anything.  So, don't expect calling them for help. 

If an iPhone each App can be individually restricted from using cellular data. That is most likely the setting you are looking for.

AE_Collector

On Samsung, or possibly other Android as well.  If you check Settings->Connections->Data Usage->Mobile Data , 

There is a chance for Mobile data only Apps.  If you have turned that on, you have to pick the App you grant for data access

Or at Settings->Apps, pick the app, then click on the Mobile Data, you would have given 2 choices: 

Allow Background Data Usage and Allow app while Data Saver On.

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Go into the McDonald app settings and see if there is a an option to use it on mobile data

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Emilyiphone  Other apps work and just not McD?

Some phone has Data Saver and will can select which app to Restrict the use of Data, did you check that?

what kind of phone is yours? 

Need Help? Let's chat.