cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for an extra plan. - Resolved!

Slogbox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up for two PM accounts for myself and my wife at WalMart. The person there had a problem with one of the sim cards whilst registering it, and grabbed another sim card. My credit card has now been charged for three $40 plans! I'm on autopay so I don't want to be overcharged every month..... Could someone please help me get the extra money back?

Thanks in advance.

Got a PM within 24 hours from Mod, saying what happened and crediting my account with the additional charges. Great service! Thanks everyone who responded!

6 REPLIES 6

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Slogbox wrote:

I just signed up for two PM accounts for myself and my wife at WalMart. The person there had a problem with one of the sim cards whilst registering it, and grabbed another sim card. My credit card has now been charged for three $40 plans! I'm on autopay so I don't want to be overcharged every month..... Could someone please help me get the extra money back?

Thanks in advance.

The same thing happened to me when I went to a store location to activate. The first SIM activation didn't go through, but I ended up getting charged.

I ended up having to contact a mod through private message, explained what happened, provided all the SIM cards' numbers that I had, account number, phone number, and pin number.

They replied to me and asked me for my credit card statement. I quickly went on my bank app, took a screenshot of the extra charges and replied to the mod.

Afterwards, they credited me back the money that I was charged on the credit card. I don't think they offer refunds back to your credit card but they credit it back to an account of your choice and you can use that for the next billing period.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Slogbox, when contacting the moderator team for the refund, I would suggest giving them the SIM card number to help them with tracing the failed activation.  You probably may not have a valid account for that line.  You may want to consider asking for the credit to be applied to one of the two accounts that you have active at the moment.  It would be far more convenient than asking for a return of funds.  Welcome to Public Mobile.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Slogbox There is a chance you have had 3 accounts created; 1 for each SIM. If you have all three cards send the numbers to the moderators and explain which should be cancelled. 

One way to check would be to login to each of your two active accounts. If you see one that has an extra $40 in Avaiable Funds, you could leave it for the next month's fee or request a refund.

To reach the Moderator Team click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue along with your phone numbers, account numbers, and your 4 digit PIN. If you’ve forgotten the PIN, provide any 3 of the following in your message: complete mailing address, email address, alternate phone number,  last top up date & amount.

Moderator hours are: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Slogbox wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Also, if the extra charge is there you will not overpay with autopay. Your account will use any credit it has before charging your CC.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Slogbox wrote:

Thanks in advance.

You will have to contact the mods for any account / payment issues directly. Send a message to moderator team. Click this to send them a message  Please include in the private message your phone number, name, your account number and PIN code with as much detail as possible to prevent the need for more contact so they can solve the issue right away.

Community moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT) and strive to answer within the hour, but in peak periods could be up to 48 hours. Please be patient

More about contacting moderator team Click Here

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Slogbox wrote:

Thanks in advance.

First check your Self Serve account and your wifes. The extra charge may be there as a credit. 

Take note of your payment history in both accounts. Does it show the extra charge being debited?

If all looks good and there is no sign of the extra charge showing on your CC, then contact the mods and include your CC statement showing the 3 charges.

To get help with your account, activation, or service?

Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get gelp with your account.

They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

Click here to send them a private message.

In your message please include:

PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].

Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Need Help? Let's chat.