cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just transfer to public today, but found the income call go voice msg directly

seven
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

there is nothing wrong for data and call someone,but when my friends call my number, they go voice msg directly, any one can help me ?

17 REPLIES 17

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @seven,

We've responded to your private message. Please check your inbox 🙂

Thank you,

Syed

ashleyb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks 🙂 @CS_Agent was able to fix it and get it resolved.  Now everything is going smoothly and im glad to be apart of Public Mobile and the community!

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ashleyb

I suggest you contact the moderators by sending them a direct message with your account information and PIN which you setup when you activated.

Here is some information on how to do that. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

I had a similar issue a while back. In that case I was able to text the othwr Public Mobile. Only later when I needed to actually call into the number did it fail and go straight to the voicemail of the previous carrier. So the account was able to access data and send and receive texts but not incoming phone calls. Moderator said it was a failed port abd after getting my information resubmitted a failed port request and it was resolved in a couple of hours. I got a text from Public Mobile when the port was complete. I hope that helps.

ashleyb

My previous account with other provider was active and still us active for another 2 weeks. It has a 0.00 balance as it already used the money I had on it for my plan. Nothing is linked to it besides my address which is my PO box and my name. That is why I was not concerned. Everything is working but the incoming calls. The guy at the store just told me it would take 15 minutes to a few hours for it to be finalized. Which doesn't seem to be the case. To be honest the young kid doing my activation may not of known what exactly to do. I provided him my info but he said some of it was not required. When I walked out of the store everything seemed to be ok but nobody had tried calling me until after I left. I'm not experienced with porting numbers so I did not have any idea and when the wireless staff were asked a few questions by another lady who had been waiting for a public mobile sim they weren't very informative. So it could be something like stated above missing info which I provided but it took almost 15 minutes to even activate one simcard as their internet was extremely slow and took forever before it came up to say it was successful.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ashleyb wrote:

Im not worried about the sim card being used. Unless they want to pay a pay as you go plan they wont go anywhere. I'll continue to wait and see what happens. I have never had to worry about a port previously as I had 1 number for years before deciding I didnt need a big fancy plan.. I'll learn from my mistake and know going forward to get it back. Thank you for your reply. 

@ashleyb I'm inferring a possible issue here--you mention that unless the person getting your SIM card wanted to pay for your pay as you go plan they wouldn't be able to use it.  Does this mean your plan with your previous provider was no longer active?  In order to port your number, your account at your previous provider needs to be active and in good standing.  This might explain your failed/stuck port if you let your service lapse at the previous provider.

@ashleyb wrote:

It seems to be happening to alot of people that signed up today. 

@ashleyb okay so not to sound like a jerk here--but in the vast majority of poritng issues, the issue is user error, falling into a couple of different categories:  1) the person typed something wrong into the port request form (transposed a couple of digits, misunderstood what to put in a field, etc), or 2) didn't realize their account had to be active with previous provider to port their number.  While there are definitely a number of system glitches at Public Mobile, number porting when the above 2 things are done correctly are generally pretty reliable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ashleyb

Im not worried about the sim card being used. Unless they want to pay a pay as you go plan they wont go anywhere. I'll continue to wait and see what happens. I have never had to worry about a port previously as I had 1 number for years before deciding I didnt need a big fancy plan.. I'll learn from my mistake and know going forward to get it back. Thank you for your reply. 

@ashleyb wrote:

Thanks. I messaged mod team. Since Walmart threw out my old Sim Card and my husbands.  

And you allowed them to do that? 

First and foremost, number ports are not instant.  Secondly, why would the person at Walmart throw something out that is your property?  Even if your number transfer were complete (which they aren't and the person at Walmart would have no way of knowing either way), it's not theirs to throw out.

Sadly, until a number port is completed, your phone calls are sent to your old carrier's service.  What does this mean? To receive your phone calls and text messages, you still need your old sim cards (for now).

Shockingly, someone working at as a wireless associate should know better.  There also another factor involved here.  Anyone finding your sim cards could take them and rack up extra charges on your old carrier's account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ashleyb wrote:

Thanks. I messaged mod team. Since Walmart threw out my old Sim Card and my husbands.  

Walmart threw out your husbands!? 🙂 Well who needs husbands anyway.

ashleyb

mimmo

@ashleyb use your old sim and ask mods to reset your port. Provide them with your old account number and old account name exactly as on bill.

ashleyb

It seems to be happening to alot of people that signed up today. My husband and myself ported our numbers over and the same thing. We can make calls, text and use our phones like normal but all incoming calls go directly to VM. We ported over 8 hours ago. Hopefully something gets resolved as I need incoming calls. 

@seven wrote:

there is nothing wrong for data and call someone,but when my friends call my number, they go voice msg directly, any one can help me ?

Since you say you did request a number to be ported in, the first thing you'll want to do is check to see if that voicemail greeting that your firends are hearing is that of Public Mobile's voicemail system or that of which you recorded at your old carrier.  You can check for yourself by calling your number from a different phone.

If calling your number results in your hearing the greatting from your old carrier, this means that your number has not been transfered.  In that case, you will not receive any phone calls  on your Public Mobile service unitl the transfer is complete.  This is normal.  There is no need to contact Public Mobile's moderators unless you made the request more than a few hours ago, although you didn't say how long ago you made the request.   Until the porting request is complete, you can continue to use the service from your old carrier so that you don't miss any of your phone calls, although if it has been more than a few hours, you will need to have the moderators make another attempt for you.

@seven wrote:

Is anything working, text in/out, calls in/out or data if you have it?

only call out not working. other works

Did you port a number?yes

Waht does you self serve account say for your number, Active? active

Follow my instructions above. The Mods are the only ones able to fix a porting issue.

mimmo

@seven  if you did a number port and ist been more tan 2 hours you probably have a failed port only the mods can fix that.  does your old sim work?

to contact mods see bolow with the info you  need to provide them

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

seven
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is anything working, text in/out, calls in/out or data if you have it?

only call out not working. other works

Did you port a number?yes

Waht does you self serve account say for your number, Active? active

@seven Regardless it appears you might have a stuck port follow the info below and include the account number and name on your previous carrier account. Remember to keep that account active until port is complete and then it will be cancelled automaticly.

To get help with your account, activation, or service?

Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get gelp with your account.

They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

Click here to send them a private message.

In your message please include:

PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].

Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@seven wrote:

Is  text in/out, calls in/out or data if you have it working?

Did you port a number?

Waht does you self serve account say for your number, Active?

Need Help? Let's chat.