cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card is activated with number but no service

puffpuffclash
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my plan and sim card is activated but but on my sum card status on the phone says disconnected I paid with vouchers but no dial out or texts or data @CS_Agent 

6 REPLIES 6

ashleyb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you unlocked your cell phone? You can call the provider who you purchased your phone from and they will give you an unlock code.  If not unlocked you should of recieved a notification when putting the PM simcard in that it needed a unlock code 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@puffpuffclash wrote:

my phone is a Samsung Galaxy prime I've never had a problem before, I'll try my smart watch to see if it works in there

@puffpuffclash as far as I can tell (from here https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_grand_prime-6708.php), every variation of the phone is compatible with at least talk, text, and HSPA+ data (all on the 850MHz and 1900MHz 3G frequencies).  Did you purchase this phone form a previous provider?  If so, did you get it unlocked before coming to Public Mobile?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

puffpuffclash

my plan is active and shows the next payment date 

puffpuffclash

my phone is a Samsung Galaxy prime I've never had a problem before, I'll try my smart watch to see if it works in there

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@puffpuffclash, can you login to your account to make sure that it is active and has the correct plan assigned to it. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I have never seen a disconnected message,  can you try the sim in a different phone to isolate hardware vs software issue?

can you try doing a manual netword search?

what phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.