cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the phone number?

djeclipse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am am trying to decide between Public Mobile and lucky Mobile and would like to talk to soemone form Public Mobile before making a decision.

I can not find a number anywhere.  The only numbr I found is 855-478-2542 which asks you for a phone number and then hangs up on you as I am not a current Public Mobile customer.

Is there no way to actually contact anyoen unless you are alteady a customer?

What would happen if something happened with my account, the number expired and I needeed customer support?  I would be out of luck.

If there is not a real person to speak with I guess the decision is made by Public Mobile's lack of any cutomer support/ sales. 

43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djeclipse 

I don't *need* customer support. It just keeps working. Apparently so too with many hundreds of thousands of others.

We often see people come in with some problem. We suggest they use incognito mode or clear cache or use a different browser. They come back delighted that it works now. How many of these problems are caused by people with all kinds of filters and blocks or uncontrolled cookies or even simply not running Javascript because they heard bad things about it somewhere?

Granted these aren't the fixes for all problems. Granted the system has these problems. Granted responses are terrible. When I purchased my SIM, I was warned oh look out there's no support over there. I had no problem and haven't had since.

djeclipse

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@djeclipse ok we have been polite.  You are now continuing to spread false information.  There is customer service.  Sometimes it could take 72 hours for a response.  Starting that it will be weeks for a resolution is not correct.  Please stop spreading these lies

My information is the truth based on threads in this very forum.  

72 hours to get a reply, not get the problem fixed!  The moderators reply may have follow up questions or simply may not understand the problem.  Then it's another 72 hours for another reply.  repeat until the problem gets resolved.  This can easily turn into weeks.

There are people that signed up at a wallmart not knowing there is ZERO phone support and now have to wait for a reply here.

This absolutely needs to be advertised so anyone knows that they are getting into with Public Mobile.

Compare that with Lucky Mobile and a simple 10min conversation start to finish fixes everything.

This community is fulled with some helpful people but none of you can do anything to help someone that needs any kind of technical help such as these threads.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/PUK-code-required-no-response-from-mo...

"Yes I feel the same way Smiley Happy  I was hoping to hear from the moderators already, it's been a couple days.

Alternately I could try buying a new SIM card I suppose.

It's a samsung S7."

Another one - this guy was charged over $160.00 to port a number and still no response.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-problems-Was-charged-multiple...

"Porting problems. Was charged multiple times but the activation was not successful."

Another

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Error-while-registering-now-SIM-card-...

"Thank you for your advice. I wrote the PM moderator team on Thursday withsim number and the email used during activation but still have not received a reply.  Getting frustrating as I'm unable to use my new phone. "

It seems to be at least 4-5 people a day with the same problems, none of them able to get any help to get their simple problem resolved.

Anyone using this service is a fool to accept such poor customer support. 

@ShawnC13  I admit that I stopped reading and started skimming once this thread seemed to start becoming troll talk.  You're correct - there are some PM outlets these days - although I wasn't aware of them and have never seen one anywhere, it seems to me like PM lacks much (if any) real physical presence outside big-city eastern Canada.

Even so, it's still easy enough to get "real" face-to-face support from vendors.

I'd personally prefer to wait a day or two for an email (while doing other things) than to wait all day inside a noisy cellphone shop (with the frustrated sales staff).  But I suppose PM's service model isn't the best choice for everybody.

@Korth wrote:

Click here to send a Private Message to the Moderator Team - you'll (usually) get your issue resolved or some other kind of response within 1-2 days - just take care to provide all the information they might need if you want to avoid playing a few rounds of back-and-forth (time-wasting) email tag.

*611 works anywhere in Canada, although the automated service provides limited options.

1-855-4PUBLIC (1-855-478-2542) should work anywhere in Canada and USA (roaming).

You'll find a few other phone numbers buried in the Terms of Service which will reach specific PM/Telus departments (privacy office, etc) which might be able to connect you with other agents.

You'll also sometimes find contact information whenever Public Mobile offers job postings online, but from what I've seen these numbers are different each time around.

Public Mobile has no shops, no kiosks, no frills - but they do still have relationships with some vendors (like Wal-mart and London Drugs) who can configure things for you.

@Korth  have you even read through the thread before responding?  Also, your information is incorrect.  There are Public Mobile Kiosks in select malls and have been for some months now.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Click here to send a Private Message to the Moderator Team - you'll (usually) get your issue resolved or some other kind of response within 1-2 days - just take care to provide all the information they might need if you want to avoid playing a few rounds of back-and-forth (time-wasting) email tag.

*611 works anywhere in Canada, although the automated service provides limited options.

1-855-4PUBLIC (1-855-478-2542) should work anywhere in Canada and USA (roaming).

You'll find a few other phone numbers buried in the Terms of Service which will reach specific PM/Telus departments (privacy office, etc) which might be able to connect you with other agents.

You'll also sometimes find contact information whenever Public Mobile offers job postings online, but from what I've seen these numbers are different each time around.

Public Mobile has no shops, no kiosks, no frills - but they do still have relationships with some vendors (like Wal-mart and London Drugs) who can configure things for you.

@djeclipse ok we have been polite.  You are now continuing to spread false information.  There is customer service.  Sometimes it could take 72 hours for a response.  Starting that it will be weeks for a resolution is not correct.  Please stop spreading these lies

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

djeclipse

@geopublic wrote:

@djeclipse  Are you still here? You must be having so much fun it's hard to leave. Let us know how it works out with Lucky after your first year.

Take care!

I am the most helpful person in this forums.   

I am letting people know what to expect when using Public Mobile.  Nothing I have said is false.  I should be getting $20.00 credits for all the help I am providing.  Smiley Wink  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djeclipse 

You still here?

It is NOT "zero" support. Yes it can take some time. I've never needed it in my year here. I *rarely* needed to talk to someone all those years with Telus.

If you are convinced that your provider has to have a call centre then you're just going to have to go elsewhere.

@djeclipse  Are you still here? You must be having so much fun it's hard to leave. Let us know how it works out with Lucky after your first year.

Take care!

djeclipse

@will13am wrote:

This thread needs to be moved.  It's clogging the forum with useless nonsense.  This is a help forum, not a vehicle for someone who has a preconceived opinion that this service is not for them and then proceeds to go ape.  The criticism is not when constructive. 

On the contrary!

This info needs to be a sticky at the top of every forum here and on their website in big bold letters.

"There is no customerr support with Public Mobile.  If you have a problem it will take 1-3 days to get a hold of anyone that can help you and it may take weeks to get your issue resolved. 

Due to this we have customers who havee paid in full and are not receivingg service.  Use at your own risk."

This way everyone knows what to expect.

Another side effect of having virtually no moderation in the forums is there is no one to move this thread anywhere lol

Even though it is right where it should be.

djeclipse

@geopublic wrote:

@djeclipse wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Glad you got your answers with Lucky,  I think you had your answer for here that you weren't going to like it with PM once there was no phone number and that is ok some people need that.

Here are the answers to your questions

Yes all carriers are required to allow porting

5 minutes to 2 hours unless a port gets hung up and that can happen with all carriers

Yes you can tether/hotspot with PM

Does lucky take $1 off of your bill every 30 days for every year you have been with them.  Does Lucky offer rewards to lower your bill by helping out ( I know you don't like the forum model but that is a bonus here and many people here are either getting free phone service or are probably pretty close to it.

Thank you for the answers.  I don't know if Lucky has the $1.00 off your bill for every year you have been with them.

I do know the incentive for posting here is good and also bad.  You get people poting just for the sake of posting, which leads to people like @RossN being completely useless but continuing to post just to try and get some discounts.  This clutters the boards and burries the good info with garbage.

After browsing the forums here I see the end result is there is no REAL customer support as the only people that can do any real account related customer support is the moderators and from reading the forums here it takes anywehre from 24 - 72 hours for a moderator just to respond!

Add to that a conversation via text/ email, forum PM will take multiple replies as there will be follow up questions/ actions based on questions asked in the initial communication.

This means it could take days, even weeks for someone to get any kind of customer service.  Even for simple things that should be taken care of in a 10min phone conversation.

Examples:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-long-do-I-have-to-wait-for-a-mode...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-old-number-from-koodo/m-p/399...

I have been through this process in business and it always ended badly.

This forum is filed with people wanting simple help (just looking to activate their phones) and while the regular members are helpful (most of them), they can't really do anything but say 'wait for a moderator".    

This is a terrible way to go about doing things.  

With Lucky I am able to go buy a sim and phone, call Lucky and have my phone activated instantly.  With Public Mobile it may take weeks if there is any kind of snag.

I would much rather be with Telus but there is no way I would pay for something knowing if anything goes wrong (and it will eventually) I will have to wait 3 days to a week to get it fixed, even if it is something simple as I will be waiting for a Moderator to actually do anything.

The only way this message board support model would work is if there were Moderators on here 24/ 7 and wait times were reduced from 3 days to a few hours. 

Even then a simple phone call can take 10min and all is good. 

@djeclipse Understood, sounds like you made your decision. You are making one assumption though that when you call the number your problem will get solved. My experience suggests that's not always the case.

Take care!

It's not an assumption it is fact based on real world experience with custoemr support call in and the number of people that have a simple problem and are told they ahve to wait 1-3 days to get a reply from a moderator. 

Not to mention I was able to call into Lucky Mobile, speak to someone who would have been able to activate my phone right then and there (if my phone was delivered yet, I ordered it yesterday).

With Public Mobile it doesn;t matter if your problem is extreamly simple or complicated you are still waiting 1-3 days to even speak to someone that can help.  This is less than 3rd world customer service and it is my opinion anyone that thinks this is ok is a sucker.  It's not meant to be an insult to anyone here, just my opinion for anyone who excepts such a low grade custoemr service.

Even worse is no where in any of theri promotinal material or on their website does it say anything about there being zero customer support.  I almost eigned up at a keyosk and was very glad I tried calling in to speak to soemone so i could find out there is no customer support at all.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This thread needs to be moved.  It's clogging the forum with useless nonsense.  This is a help forum, not a vehicle for someone who has a preconceived opinion that this service is not for them and then proceeds to go ape.  The criticism is not when constructive. 

@djeclipse wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Glad you got your answers with Lucky,  I think you had your answer for here that you weren't going to like it with PM once there was no phone number and that is ok some people need that.

5 minutes to 2 hours unless a port gets hung up and that can happen with all carriers

Does lucky take $1 off of your bill every 30 days for every year you have been with them.  Does Lucky offer rewards to lower your bill by helping out ( I know you don't like the forum model but that is a bonus here and many people here are either getting free phone service or are probably pretty close to it.

Thank you for the answers.  I don't know if Lucky has the $1.00 off your bill for every year you have been with them.

I do know the incentive for posting here is good and also bad.  You get people poting just for the sake of posting, which leads to people like @RossN being completely useless but continuing to post just to try and get some discounts.  This clutters the boards and burries the good info with garbage.

After browsing the forums here I see the end result is there is no REAL customer support as the only people that can do any real account related customer support is the moderators and from reading the forums here it takes anywehre from 24 - 72 hours for a moderator just to respond!

Add to that a conversation via text/ email, forum PM will take multiple replies as there will be follow up questions/ actions based on questions asked in the initial communication.

This means it could take days, even weeks for someone to get any kind of customer service.  Even for simple things that should be taken care of in a 10min phone conversation.

Examples:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-long-do-I-have-to-wait-for-a-mode...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-old-number-from-koodo/m-p/399...

This forum is filed with people wanting simple help (just looking to activate their phones) and while the regular members are helpful (most of them), they can't really do anything but say 'wait for a moderator".    

With Lucky I am able to go buy a sim and phone, call Lucky and have my phone activated instantly.  With Public Mobile it may take weeks if there is any kind of snag.

I would much rather be with Telus but there is no way I would pay for something knowing if anything goes wrong (and it will eventually) I will have to wait 3 days to a week to get it fixed, even if it is something simple as I will be waiting for a Moderator to actually do anything.

The only way this message board support model would work is if there were Moderators on here 24/ 7 and wait times were reduced from 3 days to a few hours. 

@djeclipse Understood, sounds like you made your decision. You are making one assumption though that when you call the number your problem will get solved. My experience suggests that's not always the case.

Take care!

You are only seeing extremes and if you are already thinking that something is going to go wrong then nothing we would say can change your mind.  I have been here just short of 3 years with a few minor issues and everything has been fixed by moderators anywhere between 5 minutes and 6 hours. 

If you give enough detail in your first message to the moderators things go a whole lot better and will get fixed sooner.  You are only seeing the issues posted here.  There are many customers that have no issues and enjoy the service.  With Lucky, you really don't know how many issues there could be as people will be on the Phone.  Yes sometimes you may get through and done in 10 minutes but I am willing to be that not all calls for service if required would be that fast.

You keep mentioning that this is a terrible way to run a business.  It is working for the majority of people.  Yes, there are some issue and some people sign up and really aren't the DIY'ers that PM first sought as it's customers.  We all get that you don't like it but there is no need to continually bash it if the service isn't for you people need to do what you have done.  Find one that works for them and move on.  

I am glad you found the service that will work for you but please stop bashing the one that works for us here as it isn't required and yes that would be trolling.

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

djeclipse

Is there a local PM kiosk in your area?  If so, visit them or give them a call.

The PM kiosks are manned by PM sales reps that only sell (or give away free) PM sim cards and will answer any questions about plans or activations.  They will even do the activation for you and deal with any problems if the PM server is acting up (which it has been lately).

Here is the telephone number for the Richmond Center (BC) PM kiosk:  604-279-4854.  

This number was provided to me on a PM business card by the PM sales rep who told me to call him if I had any more questions or any problems with my two activations.  Keep in mind that the sales rep is like an "oracle" here on the forum.  They presumably have training and a lot of experience dealing with activations. Only instead of being paid in bravos, they get an hourly wage to be nice to you.  No commissions so they are only there to help and don't give a hoot if they sell you something or not. I quote the sales rep: "if I was paid on commission, I would not be standing here playing with my phone".

djeclipse

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Examples:

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

@djeclipse wrote:

Lucky has the same autopay rewards as Public Mobile. 

Not for that basic plan. I'm on the basic plan here. So for my needs, I'm good with what I have. But I get not everyone would get by with the basic plan.

Same with me, the basic plan fits my needs better. Their $10 plan is different. The addons are different.

I am glad lucky, chatr, PM are different, otherwise how would they differentiate themselves and compete if they were the same. It is good to give people choices. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djeclipse wrote:

Lucky has the same autopay rewards as Public Mobile. 

Not for that basic plan. I'm on the basic plan here. So for my needs, I'm good with what I have. But I get not everyone would get by with the basic plan.

djeclipse

@Anonymous wrote:

@djeclipse 

Looks like you might have done too many fast edits on your post. Not sure.

I'll pick up on the Lucky thing. My needs are minimal. The Lucky minimal $10 plan does not allow data. I can add all the data I want here on the $10 plan.

I'm from the west...my historic loyalties have been with BCTel-Telus...not Bell.

Edit: and total 50 texts unlike here with unlimited incoming

and no autopay reward (and only a refer-a-friend reward)

I am by far a fan of Bell and would much rather stay on the telus network.  My personal plan has been with them since I was 16.

Lucky has the same autopay rewards as Public Mobile.  For the plan I am going to get it is +500mb of data.

I would much rather stay on the telus network but the imaturity and uselessness of some of the memebrs here is a clear indication message board only support is a bad diea. 

djeclipse

@iliketotalk wrote:

Hey buddy are you listening to yourself why don’t you go somewhere else and not bother people around here you’re just an insulting clown like someone else mentioned oh I guess I’m going to get in trouble now ha ha

Again, just proving my point message baords are by far the worst idea for customer supprot as  they are filled with people like this kid.

djeclipse

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@djeclipse wrote:

@charlesgo 

@charlesgo wrote:

I think its fair to say that many people need some support which is okay.  There are many other there that are willing to give some decent advice. 

There are also many people who are savy enough to figure things out and are even those who never have problems.  its quite user friendly and for the most part is quite easy to navigate through so for lots of people, the lack of an actual customer service department is less important.

You forgot to mention you get to deal with useless trolls like @RossN callig you names, making accusations when all you want is a simple question asked.

Message boards are never good for a single only method for support of any kind.

What is the simple question you want asked?  We answered your question that there is no number to call.  Since then your statements have been about what a joke this service is and how horrible it is without any other questions.  It has been quite successful and if it didn't work I don't think Telus would allow it to continue this way.

In roughly 10min was able to call Lucky Mobile, ask my questions and make a decision. 

I did not have to deal with children like @RossN offering no help, calling people names etc.

One of the questions was the process for porting a phone number and if it was even possible. 

Follow up question was how long it would take to activate.

Both of these questions were answered and had the phone  ordered been in yet he could ahve activated the sim while I was on the phone to verify it was working etc.  All at the time of activation.

3rd question I wanted to know is if public mobile allows teathering/ mobile hot spots form phone to tablet.  Lucky Mobile does offer this. 

I see people with public mobile watign days to get answers/ help, paying for service and not recieving it.  

While message board support is a great idea, having it as the only option is not nearly sufficient as indicated with the above examples.

Settling for less than sub par customer service is an individaul decision and I can't beleive all of you are ok with it when there is an identical option in every way out there that ahs real live customer support for existing and new customers.

You don't have any outstanding questions to answer?  What else are you asking?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djeclipse 

Looks like you might have done too many fast edits on your post. Not sure.

I'll pick up on the Lucky thing. My needs are minimal. The Lucky minimal $10 plan does not allow data. I can add all the data I want here on the $10 plan.

I'm from the west...my historic loyalties have been with BCTel-Telus...not Bell.

Edit: and total 50 texts unlike here with unlimited incoming

and no autopay reward (and only a refer-a-friend reward)

Hey buddy are you listening to yourself why don’t you go somewhere else and not bother people around here you’re just an insulting clown like someone else mentioned oh I guess I’m going to get in trouble now ha ha

djeclipse

@RossN wrote:

@djeclipse oh I see only you are allowed to spout off is that it? lol I am done with you clown if you like, feel free to have the last word you seem like a person who needs itSmiley LOL 

And there it is again.  I asked you nicley to stay out of the thread becasue you are completely useless and offer no support, on top of things you resort to childish name calling.  

You lierally prove my point of how terrible fo an idea is.  

Now for the 2nd time you are not needed here.  Move along. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djeclipse wrote:

@charlesgo 

@charlesgo wrote:

I think its fair to say that many people need some support which is okay.  There are many other there that are willing to give some decent advice. 

There are also many people who are savy enough to figure things out and are even those who never have problems.  its quite user friendly and for the most part is quite easy to navigate through so for lots of people, the lack of an actual customer service department is less important.

You forgot to mention you get to deal with useless trolls like @RossN callig you names, making accusations when all you want is a simple question asked.

And yet we see people come in with a problem and before they even get around to typing something to the moderator, they use a suggestion provided and they come back ecstatic that it worked and they're on their way.

It's not the single-only method. It's the entry-point to private messaging the moderators behind the scenes.

@djeclipse oh I see only you are allowed to spout off is that it? lol I am done with you clown if you like, feel free to have the last word you seem like a person who needs itSmiley LOL 

@djeclipse wrote:

@charlesgo 

@charlesgo wrote:

What is the simple question you want asked?  We answered your question that there is no number to call.  Since then your statements have been about what a joke this service is and how horrible it is without any other questions.  It has been quite successful and if it didn't work I don't think Telus would allow it to continue this way.

djeclipse

@charlesgo 

@charlesgo wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.