cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting old number from koodo

Pweist
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have setup a new public account with random number, the service works at my phone, however I cannot for the life of me seem to get it to accept my number to port it from Koodo prepaid over to here... Both accounts are active, they do not share an email... What do I have to do to make this work ???

[edit. Do not port numbers to public mobile.] Ps: it doesn't work and won't for me. Deceptive.

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jiminy Christmas! This escalated way out of proportion.

Pweist: when does your Koodo prepaid term expire? If it's a few days away then just let things happen. All this negativity all for what very well may be a perfectly fine experience.

Start setting hair on fire when there's no service for days. Otherwise...wait for the normal course of events.

Victayl0r
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I guess I must have misunderstood based on your response. Can’t seem to delete my reply. Sorry. 

@Victayl0r  What??

Victayl0r
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

[deleted, misunderstood]

Pweist

[edit. Do not port numbers to public mobile.]

@Pweist hi maybe the supreme court will hear your case Smiley Happy

Pweist

@PweistWell you can try to drag it but no where in the Terms of service say they have to do anything for you when you let your account lapse.

Pweist

@PweistJust be aware Public Mobile's support is not 24/7 and moderators could take up to 48 hours to get back to you (you will need to verify your identity etc).. and also depending on their workload. That's the reason why we all pay less per month. It is an easy procedure but there is not many people to man the station and there are a lot of requests.

Pweist

there is absolutely no reason a few bits cannot be flipped inside a few hours, this isn't rocket science, it's the same towers, the same service, under a different name....

@PweistIt will be the risk you have to take by cutting so close. If your account expired before they get around to it (first come first serve and I also suspect having a easy to understand subject line helps).. There is a chance that your number get released back into the pool at Koodo (or where the number originates from) for someone else to get it. So the question is how long are you willing to be without the service of that number.. and the potential of loosing that number. For most people starting over with a new number is okay.. but for a few it is not. It is up to you to make that judgement.

Pweist

Sent them a pm, thank you.[edit. Do not port numbers to public mobile.]

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pweist wrote:

Have setup a new public account with random number, the service works at my phone, however I cannot for the life of me seem to get it to accept my number to port it from Koodo prepaid over to here... Both accounts are active, they do not share an email... What do I have to do to make this work ???

Koodo prepaid requires moderator assistance.

@Moderator_Team < Click this.

Need Help? Let's chat.