cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Public Mobile want?

I received a phone call from 1-800-777-1888 and a woman named "Denise" said that Public Mobile is missing an information field on my application and they need it filled out. "Denise" is not clear as to what is needed and where to submit this information once it is known. The number above comes from Telus and the call recipients do not know what is going on. There is no way to call Public Mobile to satisfy their query and no way to email them. Public Mobile could clear this matter up a lot quicker if they had some kind of call centre where I can just speak to someone and sort out whatever issue they are having. Instead, I get a series of brick walls. What a company. 

Accepted Solutions
geopublic
Mayor / Maire

Re: What does Public Mobile want?

@Messages  If your phone works just block the caller. If PM wanted to get a hold of you they would do it via text. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Messages wrote:

I received a phone call from 1-800-777-1888 and a woman named "Denise" said that Public Mobile is missing an information field on my application and they need it filled out. "Denise" is not clear as to what is needed and where to submit this information once it is known. The number above comes from Telus and the call recipients do not know what is going on. There is no way to call Public Mobile to satisfy their query and no way to email them. Public Mobile could clear this matter up a lot quicker if they had some kind of call centre where I can just speak to someone and sort out whatever issue they are having. Instead, I get a series of brick walls. What a company. 

A bit frustrating, no doubt. Click on the ? in lower right sside of screen to start process of contacting a moderator. Type "Contact Moderator".

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The only way to contact PM would be to submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

I just tried the question mark icon as you suggested and I got a 'bot' and no way to speak to a person. At this point it seems better to let my number die off than continue to deal with this stupidity.

Oh, and one more thing. The "Public Mobile" workers leave voice mails, so you cannot receive a phone call from them and speak to them like you normally would. The policy seems to be, "How can we make this as hard on the customer as we can and waste as much of their time as possible. You think Rogers/Bell was bad? You ain't seen nothing yet!"

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Messages wrote:

I just tried the question mark icon as you suggested and I got a 'bot' and no way to speak to a person. At this point it seems better to let my number die off than continue to deal with this stupidity.

There is no phone support available with PM, the 'question mark chatbot, better know as SIMon' is the only way to receive answers and solutions from PM employees also known as moderators.   Just ask the 'bot' to submit a ticket to the moderators.

The only ticket I want at this point is the one that gets me out of Public Mobile.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Messages  If you continued on with the ? at the lower right and went through the bot then there is a spot to contact the moderators with a message. I know it can be a frustrating system without a call centre but that's how they keep the price down. Other companies now charge if you use their call centres. I was with robber Bell and that was an expensive nightmare to deal with them when there was a problem. Hopefully this will all get worked out for you. Cheers

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Messages wrote:

The only ticket I want at this point is the one that gets me out of Public Mobile.

Well PM is prepaid so you are not tied into any contract, so if you decide to port your number out to a different carrier just remember to do it before your renewal and remove any CC you may have on file here. 

PM is definitely not suitable for everyone, so hope you have a better experience elsewhere.

Alan_K
Public Mobile

@Messages wrote:

Are all your services working? Did you attempt a number port? Phone call could be related to helping you get that port over the finish line, for example.

As others have stated, depending on your needs, it is best to submit a ticket for this.

Need Help? Let's chat.