Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Connecting To Network

Reddawn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7

Unlocked Today

Completed Activation Today

Checked My account Everything looks fine.

Picked a new number option.

Cannot make calls or send text

Under network operators I have the choice to pick Public Mobile but when selected it prompts "Unable to connect, try again later"

APN Seem to have auto loaded. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

ThankScreenshot_20190917-151736_Mobile networks.jpg

Screenshot_20190917-151629_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190917-151623_Mobile networks.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

@Reddawn wrote:

In case anyone finds like post through Google.

Sent a message to the mods and issues were fixed in 24 hours. 

It's good to hear that you're up and running.I have reassigned the "solution" to the first person who suggested that you contact the moderators.  Please do not assign these to yourself and they might play in a role in determining Community reward amounts.

Reddawn

In case anyone finds like post through Google.

Sent a message to the mods and issues were fixed in 24 hours. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Reddawn wrote:

Will they be able to connect this post with the ticket. It just that the ticket process didn't let me go into any detail about my issue. Unless I missed it.

Thanks

That's a good question.  Unfortunately I'm not sure, but one of the oracles or other users might have some idea.   SIMon is supposed to allow for some of the information to be prefilled when submitting your ticket, if there was an option to select a problem.

If you select "other" as the issue, you can type anything you like into the ticket form. However, by doing this, the issue might not get cetegorized properly.

@Reddawn  In this situation especially when Simons options are vague I like to follow up with a pm to the moderators with the ticket ref# in the title and adding any pertinent information in the message and a reference to the my post and thread. Not sure if you can include a link in the msg to the mods. Including your acct pin often speeds up the back and forth msgs between you and the mod.

@dabr wrote:

@Reddawn wrote:

Will they be able to connect this post with the ticket. It just that the ticket process didn't let me go into any detail about my issue. Unless I missed it.

Thanks

That's a good question.  Unfortunately I'm not sure, but one of the oracles or other users might have some idea.   SIMon is supposed to allow for some of the information to be prefilled when submitting your ticket, if there was an option to select a problem.

If you select "other" as the issue, you can type anything you like into the ticket form. However, by doing this, the issue might not get cetegorized properly.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

Click "Add" on "Access Point Names"

Enter "Public Mobile 2" for "Access Point Names"

Follow this website to enter APN settings:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/samsung-galaxy-s7

After reset APN

Click "Public Mobile 2" on "Access Point Names"

If you haven't sent the ticket yet, copy and paste the thread to be sure. However, they can find it if they look under your profile.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Trouble-Connecting-To-Network/m-p/427...

Your Profile:

reddawn.PNG

@Reddawn wrote:

Thanks

Reddawn

Thanks

@Reddawn wrote:

I have both soft and hard rebooted. 

Unfortunately I don't have access to another unlocked phone. 

@Reddawn   You might need to send a message to Moderator_Team via SIMon ? mark bubble bottom right of the screen, and type in 'get ticket' and then select 'contact us'.

Hearing back can be anywhere from 2-48 hours or more.

Reddawn

Still nothing.  After network reset😅

Reddawn

I have both soft and hard rebooted. 

Unfortunately I don't have access to another unlocked phone. 

Stay safe

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ReddawnTry swap the SIM card into another phone to see if the problem is a Public Mobile or a phone problem.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Reddawn   Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.