cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer failed due to removing the original sim too soon.

haha650
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
For additional security, your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer. If you have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will send you an SMS with instructions on how to re-initiate the transfer.

i removed the original sim card too soon and missed the confirm text, so right now i can't receive most of the incoming calls( it is weird how I can still receive calls from two friends but not others.). I put the old sim card back, but i couldn't find the text msg. What should i do? 

7 REPLIES 7

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You need to initiate porting again.

Have your old SIM in the phone to receive the text. The confirmation text is good for 90 minutes to reply YES. 

Then turn off the phone and now you can put the PM SIM and restart.

There are some settings like choosing 3G instead of auto if still an issue. 

AC_2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!

@AC_2021 

@AC_2021 wrote:

I am also having this issue. Would it be possible to get a step by step to fix the issue? As soon as possible preferably. 

Thanks!

If same issue with failed port due to removing original SIM card too soon, I will private message you the phone number for the Telus porting team.  Check your inbox (envelope icon upper right corner of website).  

Call the Telus porting team.  Explain your situation.  Team will likely initiate the port request again.  Put your original SIM card back to the phone and respond. 

AC_2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am also having this issue. Would it be possible to get a step by step to fix the issue? As soon as possible preferably. 

Thanks!

@darlicious wrote:

@haha650 

Are your friends with telus, koodo or pm? Some calls will come thru if they are using providers within the telus family. You can continue to use your old sim card in your phone as you still have full service with your old provider until your port completes.

I'm unsure why you have a different experience, but whenever I have tried this, Public Mobile to Pbulic Mobile calls did not go to the Public Mobile phone until the porting was complete.  The calls went to the old carrrier.  I repeated this a few times (different activations), and it was only text messages from Telus, Koodo, and Public that got delivered through Public.  

@haha650 

Are your friends with telus, koodo or pm? Some calls will come thru if they are using providers within the telus family. You can continue to use your old sim card in your phone as you still have full service with your old provider until your port completes.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@haha650   trying to port in to PM and missed the text from our original provider? 

No worry, I will message you a number to call tomorrow.   It's the Porting Support, they will provide you the status and able to re-trigger the porting request and you will get the SIM from you old provider again.  Just put your old sim in a phone and reply within 90 mins.   Check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.