cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 phone numbers transfered, both mostly ok but no SMS

thisisnotcheese
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Like the title says. I helped a friend and his wife transfer from another provider to Public yesterday evening. It took about an hour before he could receive calls with is original number.

• Could make calls almost immediately after the activation.
  • Took about 1hr before he could receive calls on his number.
  • Mobile data works.
  • Everything is mostly Ok except both can't send and receive SMS.

I have opened a ticket for him this morning but no return for CS. It's been more than 5hrs and no one got back to me. The ticket was opened in french, unsure if that matters.

6 REPLIES 6

@thisisnotcheese   They're said to be working on a general fix, I thought I saw a few days ago that Telus and Koodo are also affected.  It seems to be only/mostly new clients that have the problem, I don't know if it's all new clients because people aren't likely to post here unless they have a problem.  

thisisnotcheese
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My friend tried to call the number I called. He was on hold for 25 minutes after talking to someone, then it hung up. He tried again this morning. He got the run around. Talked to someone from Koodo but said they couldn't help then transferred again, waited almost an hour and it hung up.

The CS agent i spoke to with my ticket (398826-774) yesterday told me I couldn't really help directly since I didn't all the account details. I do now. Ticket has been updated this morning but still waiting. Hopeful this gets resolved today. 🤞

Question: If PM knows there's a problem SMS on new activation, why isn't there a way to review and fix it "automatically". A 3rd tier service like PM should work on extreme efficiency and almost flawless process to limit the need for clients to contact CSagents to fix problems.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@thisisnotcheese   That number is for specific porting problems which it doesn't sound like is the problem since everything is working except SMS, but if it's something they can fix that would be great!

@thisisnotcheese   I don't think there is an article, but it's been talked about in the forum.  It seems it can't be fixed en masse but has to be done individually for those affected once they submit a ticket.  It seems to have reached epidemic proportions today!

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the response. Would you know if there's an article posted about the technical difficulties (symptoms, what to expect, how to resolve/just wait?).

Regards

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@thisisnotcheese   There's currently a technical glitch with texting SMS for new customers, support needs to fix it individually.  If everything else is working, especially incoming voice calls, then chances are that's the problem.  Keep checking your community inbox for a reply, either at the envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for Messages if no icon.  Support response time may be a little long because of the number with this problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.