cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
briannguyen92
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Spam call from many users

Hi, I signed up for my Public Mobile plan around 1 month ago. Recently, I have been receiving a lot of spam call from unknown users. I have never given out my phone number for anyone. Does it have to do with my mobile plan or is it anything else? What can I do to fix this? Thank you very much! 

Accepted Solutions
S--S
Mayor / Maire

Re: Spam call from many users

@briannguyen92 wrote:

My phone number is brand new. Yeah it does suck, I will try changing my number, hopefully it will be better. 

@briannguyen92 

if you have a new number I would say to change your number will be the best option,

How Changing Your Number

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here link and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Triguy
Mayor / Maire

S--S
Mayor / Maire

@briannguyen92 

ignore and delete is best way...

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@briannguyen92 wrote:

Hi, I signed up for my Public Mobile plan around 1 month ago. Recently, I have been receiving a lot of spam call from unknown users. I have never given out my phone number for anyone. Does it have to do with my mobile plan or is it anything else? What can I do to fix this? Thank you very much! 

Have your contacts list up to date with everyone you know. Family, friends, enemies, lovers, ex lovers, businesses, dentist, Dr etc. Then just keep blocking all unwanted calls. And of course be suspicios of any call with no name on caller ID that comes from your contact list. 

briannguyen92

Thankss

barrascuk

Just lately I have had more calls from fake CRA and Westjet. So you are not likely the only one. 

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@briannguyen92 : Did you transfer in an existing number? Or did you select a number from here?

If from here then perhaps you found a number that is on calling lists. Sucks to be you. Probably the best thing to do would be to pick another number. Preferably a new, never used number. I did that about a year ago and have only just recently started to get junk calls. I answer everything so now they know it's an active number. Sigh.

barrascuk

Also keep in mind that a blocked call may still wind up in your voice mail. 

briannguyen92

My phone number is brand new. Yeah it does suck, I will try changing my number, hopefully it will be better. 

barrascuk

But there is no guarantee a new number will not be a recycled number. So the sooner you start to control your self....the better. And forget about using the Do Not Call list. Your own efforts will give you the best results. Also there are options on your phone to reject calls based on time of day or if the callers number is not in your contacts list.  

What kind of phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.