cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy a20 APN settings

Wduw2k
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Not new to PM. I just switched to a new phone Samsung Galaxy A20. I can send/receive mms texts so long my data is turned on at all times. However I don't want to do that since my precious data is very pricey. In my previous phone there was no need for that. The phone automatically turned on/off the data setting to send/receive a multimedia message. Does anybody know the right APN settings for my current phone? How do i get to send/receive mms txts without mannually turning on/off my data each time?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Wduw2k , refer to the following knowledge base link on setting up the APN. 

APN Settings:
Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

Wduw2k
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! Would you happen to know the right APN settings?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Wduw2k wrote:

Hi,

Not new to PM. I just switched to a new phone Samsung Galaxy A20. I can send/receive mms texts so long my data is turned on at all times. However I don't want to do that since my precious data is very pricey. In my previous phone there was no need for that. The phone automatically turned on/off the data setting to send/receive a multimedia message. Does anybody know the right APN settings for my current phone? How do i get to send/receive mms txts without mannually turning on/off my data each time?

Thanks 

Sending/receiving MMS doesn't use your plan data although data has to be enabled to send and receive it.  You don't have to worry about losing any data because MMS doesn't deduct from plan data.

Need Help? Let's chat.