cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

SIM network PIN Blocked. Enter SIM network PUK

Hi All, 

I'm running into some issues activating my public moblie SIM. I transferred a moblie number from Rogers service this morning.  Once the rogers sim had deactivated, I booted up my Galaxy S7 with the new public moblie sim and it asked me for a PIN. Assuming it was the PIN that public moblie asked me to set up on account activation, I used that, but it didn't work. Now it's saying "SIM network PIN Blocked. Enter SIM network PUK" and I have no idea what to do. I have no phone service and I need this resolved ASAP.

Thanks,

Brett

Re: SIM network PIN Blocked. Enter SIM network PUK

Some further information - I already requested the phone to be unlocked by Rogers, and they unlocked it and gave me a IMEI Unlock code. Was this what I should have entered for the PIN?

Hey @BrettJarvis !

To answer your question, if Rogers gave you an unlock code, that would have been the PIN to enter, to get your phone working with any provider.

If you still have this PIN, I would advise you to give it a try, power cycle your device and enter your Public Mobile SIM in your phone.

Hopefully this helps!

Ashley

Hi Ashley - I tried power cycling but it still says 'SIM network PIN Blocked. Enter SIM network PUK" and it's not accepting the rogers IMEI unlock code as the PUK.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The PUK code is Personal Unblocking Key. When he entered the public mobile PIN instead of the rogers unlock code too many times he became sim blocked. UnBLocking is not the same as unLocking. Now he will have to unblock before unlocking. 

GC 

Thank you! Where can I get the PUK code?

Hey @BrettJarvis

In this case, please send us a private message, so we can get you the PUK code for the SIM card.

Regards,

Ashley

I've sent a private message. What can I expect the turn around time on this to be?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Response time can be up to a few days!! But it looks like Ashley is right on this, so with any luck she'll be back to you fairly soon!

GC 

I really hope that's not the case because I need to make a phone call as soon as possible. If I've lost all service for a few days because of this switch I've really screwed myself over in this decision.