cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers port

btremblay76
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ported a number from Rogers a month ago for my son but it turns out it never got ported correctly.  rogers says they do not have the port number request.  As i do not have the SIM from rogers to access that number they said to have Public mobile send a new transfer request to that number and then gave me an 800 number to call and have it manually approved to port.  Can anyone help?  

7 REPLIES 7

@softech 

My only worry with this is they ported in the number that did not complete but presumably its listed for outgoing with pm so if they do use the change number function it would go back to Rogers. With the account still active it should be fine but as you said....better safe than sorry.

um.. From what OP said, I would expect OP already contacted Rogers and confirmed the number is still with Rogers.  

Yes, I guess better safe than sorry..

@btremblay76 

What number has your son been using? Has he had any incoming calling? I would strongly suggest you do not use the change number feature as suggested by @softech . If the Rogers number is listed in the account as the phone number on record it could cause it's loss.

Contact customer support as per previously provided to request the number port. Then call the 1 800 number provided by Rogers to verbally authorize the port request. The port will complete within 2 hours. If it does not we can supply the telus porting department number to reinitiate the port request again.

If you care to share the Rogers 1 800 number you were given it would help us help future customers experiencing the same issue. Tell your son "Welcome to public mobile!"

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@btremblay76 

Since the porting was not completed, your son’s number is still with Rogers.

Best to contact the PM CS Agent by clicking on the SIMon chat button and type in Create a Ticket to restart the porting process and explain your situation with the old Rogers SIM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@btremblay76 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Is your son's Roger's account still active ?  He needs an active account in order to port over to PM ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@btremblay76   If it has been a full month already,  your old request would have expired and you will have to request a new port request from My Account  

click Change Number and the select the 2nd radio box "Transfer a wireless or wireless number.. ."

then follow the rest, you likely have to enter the Rogers account number 

E-MyAcc-ChangePhoneNum.png

Need Help? Let's chat.