cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from Fongo takes forever

akyaki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I'm new to Public Mobile.

When I activated the service, I've also requested to transfer my Fongo# to PM on Oct 26, but since then, I haven't recieved the porting completion notification, and my number is still displayed as "No Caller ID", so I'm wondering when my porting will be completed? Or anyone has tried to port from Fongo before?

Thank you,

Aki

9 REPLIES 9

shalabyk

@akyaki I am facing the same exact proplem! so how did it work out for you after all? Do I have to wait for the 2-3 days and it will just get fixed by itself?

frankieshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yo got to login in your Fongo account to find you Forgon account and Password so it can be ported to Public Mobile.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there, 

Great job guys!

Indeed the port takes more than 2 days, it can be till 3 business days. 

For checking the port request go online my friend and use SIMon for create a ticket.

Best regards,

PM Moderator

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@akyaki The voip ports are supposed to be like landlines and are supposed to take 2 days but the voip carriers often take longer. They probaby don't all take long and it's a matter of the length of time they take to process it. Landlines sometimes take just as long. It's usually only wireless transfers that are fast.

I moved a Telus landline to a Telus cell plan and it took 2 weeks! Evidently with voip and landlines service is highly variable. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@akyaki The voip ports are supposed to be like landlines and are supposed to take 2 days but the voip carriers often take longer. They probaby don't all take long and it's a matter of the length of time they take to process it. Landlines sometimes take just as long. It's usually only wireless transfers that are fast.

akyaki

My number is more than 2 years old, so that shouldn't be the problem, but thanks for checking.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@akyaki 

How old is your Fongo number?

If less than 30 days, your need to pay a fee before you are allowed to port your Fongo number out. Read the following Fongo instruction for details

https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212437466-Transfer-my-Fongo-number-to-another-carrier

akyaki

Thanks Juddite for your reply.

Ok, will wait until next week and hopefully my porting will be done then.

Thanks again,

Aki

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Yep, fongo port outs take a long time; up to 2 weeks. Keep trying your fongo account; it should work until then.

If you're still stuck then get a ticket to request assistance:

1. click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

2. click "Submit ticket",

3. login manually if your username/password are not filled in,

4. click the drop down menu (in the white area),

5. pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it,

6. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.