Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create a self serve account

ApBh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

Thank you for reading.

I currently am with Chatr. I wish to port my number to Public mobile. I bought a Public Mobile Sim. Next, I  tried to create a Self Serve Account. The self serve website tells me that my number is already registered and I should log in. I tried logging in using my regular email id (the same one that I used to buy the sim online) and the self serve portal doesnt seem to recognize this email. I tried another id and that too isnt seemingly registered. I cannot now create an account on self serve though my Chatr number ( current service provider ) is registered on the Public Mobile wesbite. Is there a way out ? Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

@ApBh, welcome to Public Mobile!

It looks like you've been doing your research, and asking all the right questions.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your service here!  Welcome to the Community!

ApBh

Thank you for the help 

ApBh

Thank you! 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, you would recieve a $2 credit to reduce your payment.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, that's correct re: autopay.

ApBh

Thank you very much !  That helped. So did the previous poster's reply. One more quick query. On a given plan :  With an Auto Pay Bonus  - Example 500MB data if one chooses auto pay - will this also include a $2 credit after the 30 day period ? 

Meaning after 30days,  will $2 be credited back ? In additional to the initial 500Mb as Auto pay bonus ? 

Thanks ! 

ApBh

Thank you for a reply. If I understand correctly, the steps to port then would be 

1) Buy a sim

2) Activate a sim on the https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

3) Then use the self serve portal ? 

Thanks ! 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you start by going through the SIM activation process at activate.publicmobile.ca?

Need Help? Let's chat.