cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Troubles Porting My Old Cell Phone Number to New Public Mobile Sim Card

pjgagne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, my old cell service provider was "Tbaytel" (nw Ontario) and I am using the Public Mobile "My Account" page to access the "Change Number" link. The problem is that once I type my old cell phone number into the box that checks the eligiblity of your old cell phone number, the website states, "We were unable to transfer the number you entered. Try one fo the following options: -Make sure you entered the number correctly, -Select a new number, -Contact the Public Mobile community for further assistance". 

I have indeed entered the number correctly (and have tried multiple times from different aptops, ipads, cell phones). I would really like to keep my old cell number. Can a moderator or someone with knowledge of how to port an old cell number please help me out? Thank you!!

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pjgagne  in some rare occasions some numbers cannot be ported. Best to submit a ticket to PM and ask them for help.

stpm-new.png

If for any reason you can't submit a ticket then to contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

tasnimanwar91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You need to contact a moderator to port your number. I had the same issue when trying to port over my Koodo prepaid number. Create a temporary number with Public Mobile and then contact a moderator. Here's how to contact a moderator: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

To make the process go as fast as possible, have your old carrier account number, phone number, email address used, and your name. Also provide your Public Mobile account number and phone number.

Hope that helps! 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@pjgagne wrote:

Hi, my old cell service provider was "Tbaytel" (nw Ontario) and I am using the Public Mobile "My Account" page to access the "Change Number" link. The problem is that once I type my old cell phone number into the box that checks the eligiblity of your old cell phone number, the website states, "We were unable to transfer the number you entered. Try one fo the following options: -Make sure you entered the number correctly, -Select a new number, -Contact the Public Mobile community for further assistance". 

I have indeed entered the number correctly (and have tried multiple times from different aptops, ipads, cell phones). I would really like to keep my old cell number. Can a moderator or someone with knowledge of how to port an old cell number please help me out? Thank you!!

PM's website is overloaded right now, so that may be one of the reasons you cannot complete your number change. 

Try clearing your cache/cookies and use a different browser in incognito mode.  Also waiting another hour to reset any errors is a good idea, but today you'll probably need to wait a bit longer than normal because of all the traffic on the website.

Bayman2b
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Was you old Tbaytel account and number active before the switch to PM?

Need Help? Let's chat.