cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Both my parents moved their phones to public mobile and their text messaging isn't working

gillybean1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all.

We moved both of my parents cell plans from Virgin > Public Mobile yesterday and ported their numbers successfully. Their data/voice is working fine (and it shows up as their phone # when they call), but their text messages are not.

I have sent a message to @CS_Agent but have not heard back. My parents are older and aren't super familiar with this community and how to get help. Someone said there may be a porting team phone # they can call. How can I get that phone # for them? Or can someone get back to me?

Thank you,

Gilly

5 REPLIES 5

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gillybean1 - How to reply to CS_Agent is here: Messages

And if you are wondering what the account number is, it is in their two welcome emails as shown from this example here:

Welcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-1.pngWelcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-2.pngWelcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-3.png

And if they have the SIM card (Physical) remove it from their device, it will show 19 digits, give the digits to CS_Agent

And for IMEI # it is in their settings of their device or somewhere outside the device, it should be a long string of numbers.

@gillybean1 you can just put 19-zeros for sim and some # for IMEI to get pass that step 

if you still have trouble, message support instead:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

gillybean1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the replies all. Can someone tell me how to submit via chat? What do I select as the problem? It asks for account #, SIM card and IMEI... this is a lot of information to ask for. My parents are struggling already. This is a frustrating process as it already took so long just to convince them to move to Public Mobile and now they are turned off. Can I submit the tickets from my account for both of them? Thank you.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile has been having issues with texting over the last month. They have provided a link to try to help resolve it. Here it is.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Under-Investigation-Ongoing-Issue-Text-Me...

Since you've already created a ticket, hold tight as they are behind right now with a back log of requests for help on this. That phone number you speak of will not help your issues since it's a texting issue. If you haven't heard back after 72 hours, please create a second ticket

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1715452001194.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

@gillybean1 wrote:

We moved both of my parents cell plans from Virgin > Public Mobile yesterday and ported their numbers successfully. Their data/voice is working fine (and it shows up as their phone # when they call), but their text messages are not.

I have sent a message to @CS_Agent but have not heard back. My parents are older and aren't super familiar with this community and how to get help. Someone said there may be a porting team phone # they can call. How can I get that phone # for them? Or can someone get back to me?

Public Mobile has been having issues with text mesaging for new customers.  Is the outgoing text messaging working? If your outgoing text messaging isn't working, the Telus porting centre should not be called as this is not a number porting issue.  You'll need to await a response from a Public Mobiel cusotmer support agent.  For future reference, either the chatbot or the Public Mobile app should be used for all tickets (instead of sending a message to CS_Agent).,

Need Help? Let's chat.