cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 821

kgrisdale
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been trying to set up my account - tried completing it 7x and I kept getting an error code 821.  However my visa has been charged 7x.  I need someone to contact me on how to resolve this. Crappy service when you can't even contact the company.

25 REPLIES 25

@cversfelt it is a porting issue, you likely have put in the IMEI while the system was expecting Account number.  Just open a ticket with PM to give them the correct porting info, they will make sure your sim is provisioned and will arrange refund

cversfelt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I did get error code 821. 

I had tried to activate multiple times last night, and the charges didn't show up with my bank until this morning.

Why is this such a common problem people are having??

It's extremely inconvenient and stressful.

@cversfelt  did you get Error 821 too?  do not try activate again.  Open  a ticket with PM suport to sort it out.  No worry,  you will get the money back

To open ticket , just message them directly 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right  after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

cversfelt

How did you get it to work? I'm having the same problem and nothing seems to work.

I was charged multiple times as well, did you get that money back???

@lexicat   this is an old post. 

Just want to confirm, you are activating for a new number and you got the Error 821?

First, check if credit card was charged.  It is possible that the account was already created and just returning a error for other kind, instead of actual activation error

If your card was charged, then put the SIM in a phone and test it out

If the card was not charged, I still suggest you to wait another hour, then check the card again (just in case the CC wasn't updated promptly).  If all good without a charge, try to activate again on another browser, or even another computer and see 

lexicat

Not requesting to port number

kgrisdale

That didn't work either 

@kgrisdale 

When is the last time you rebooted the device you are using to try and log in? If it hasn't been today reboot, open one tab only and repeat the instructions as before.

kgrisdale

The way things are going there is NO way I want to use public mobile for my other daughter's phone.

This is ridiculous that I can't log into the first account that I created

kgrisdale

Yes I did and it didn't work

@kgrisdale 

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Use secret/incognito mode.
  3. Try firefox, chrome or safari.

@kgrisdale wrote:

We got it figured out

Thank you

I have another phone to set up but I am going to do this tomorrow.

For your second phone, once you figured out how to logon your first account, you can use the Friend Referral code for activating the 2nd line.  

Also, just  a reminder, 1 email 1 PM account.  So, you will have to use another email for the 2nd account

@kgrisdale  The email you believe you used to create the PM account, did you receive a PM email acknowledging the activation?

kgrisdale

Now I am trying to log into my account on the public mobile site and it won't let me!

it doesn't recognize my username or my email

What now???

kgrisdale

We got it figured out

Thank you

I have another phone to set up but I am going to do this tomorrow.

@kgrisdale   are you requesting to port your number?

This usually happens the activation has gone through even though the messages imply it hasn’t.

kgrisdale

Nope didn't work

@kgrisdale 

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

@kgrisdale wrote:

I have a moderator involved as nothing is working

The card was not activated 

I can't log into my account that I created as it says I don't have an account.

Honestly it has been an absolute headache and I will never recommend public mobile to anyone

Hello @kgrisdale , if your SIM is not activated yet, maybe try to use this link to activate: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

kgrisdale

btw I have not heard from the moderator yet

kgrisdale

I have a moderator involved as nothing is working

The card was not activated 

I can't log into my account that I created as it says I don't have an account.

Honestly it has been an absolute headache and I will never recommend public mobile to anyone

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kgrisdale wrote:

I have been trying to set up my account - tried completing it 7x and I kept getting an error code 821.  However my visa has been charged 7x.  I need someone to contact me on how to resolve this. Crappy service when you can't even contact the company.

Hello @kgrisdale ,

Oh my goodness, sorry this has been so frustration right from the beginning.

If your SIM card was activated, insert it, do a reset of your Network settings, and see if you have any services.

Those multiple charges could be pending charges that may fall away after the payment fully authorizes.

and see what the status of your account says.

Also, check to see if there are any extra Available Funds added to the top of your account (this would reflect multiple payments that actually took place.

Also, check out your "View Payment History" to see what transactions took place.

After checking all this and seeing if your services are working you may still want to contact the Moderators if you need to: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Report back on how you make out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

kgrisdale

This did NOT work - I have tried 3 different computers - I tried restarting as well.

Nothing has worked.

Please advise

Anonymous
Not applicable

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back, Restart your device is will help,

Need Help? Let's chat.