cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Cannot fail or receive calls

I topped up my phone with the $40 plan a couple of days ago and I thought all was fine but when I've tried to ring or text it doesn't work, it says I don't have a long distance add on, I'm in kamloops and the area code I have is 250, I'm from the UK so it's a bit confusing 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Cannot fail or receive calls

@QuincyMD19 wrote:

I topped up my phone with the $40 plan a couple of days ago and I thought all was fine but when I've tried to ring or text it doesn't work, it says I don't have a long distance add on, I'm in kamloops and the area code I have is 250, I'm from the UK so it's a bit confusing 

@QuincyMD19  When you access your account from selfserve does everything look normal? Is today your scheduled plan renewal?

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is your phone unlocked?  If you have not previously switched carriers you may need to call your previous carrier to get your phone unlocked.

Mayor / Maire

@QuincyMD19 wrote:

Are you adding +1 in front of the number being called?  Other users have also reported something similar so, hopefully, it's not another glitch.

Mayor / Maire

@QuincyMD19 wrote:

Are you calling Canadian numbers? $40 ready-made plan includes Canada-wide calling.  I think account provisioning issue. Might have to contact moderators. This link sends you to private message them.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hi my plan started Friday I think it is, it's a new SIM card as in from the UK it's telling me I need a long distance add on and I can't even get on the internet 

I have the phone unlocked from the UK and I'm calling Canadian numbers I have tried both with +1 at the beginning and without it and still no success 

Mayor / Maire

@QuincyMD19 wrote:

I have the phone unlocked from the UK and I'm calling Canadian numbers I have tried both with +1 at the beginning and without it and still no success 

What make/model/submodel is the phone?

Internet would require the proper APN settings.

But let's see what phone it is first.

Mayor / Maire

@QuincyMD19 

Which phone model?  Not all phones are compatable with PM.  

Are you able to access self service account?  To determine account status.  

Yes I can access it and it's a iPhone XR from the UK