cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong number accidentally ported

ahm3dag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi i recently signed up for public mobile and accidentally made a typo for my number. I'm pretty sure the number I gave is someone elses number and I would like to keep my old number. Is there any way I can go about this? I have submitted a ticket but I'm not sure the ticket was accurate in the options it gave me for my problem so I'm posting on this forum. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ahm3dag  Relax, your port will fail because the phone number and your account number won't match. Waiting for the moderators will delay things, so be sure to keep your old number active; only active phone numbers may be transferred.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ahm3dag

Members can give you advice but only moderarors can fix an account issue.  They can certainly fix an incorrect  phone number on a porting request.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ahm3dag only the moderators can help you with this. You have to wait for their response. Stay safe. 

You will get an opportunity to explain further when they reply to you. 

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ahm3dag best thing to do is wait for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.