cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not recognized

7sd5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to register using my iPhone but the Continue button, after the box where you click to accept terms and conditions, wouldn't work so I switched to entering the same info on my laptop and then I got a message that my sim card was not recognized. So now I'm in a catch-22 and can't use my phone.

9 REPLIES 9

@bedrac contact customer support mods

type "cannot process payment"

(use the chat bubble options, click "voucher" then click "contact us" then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

bedrac

Bonjour,

je n'arrive pas à payer mon compte avec ma carte de crédit Visa habituelle.

J'ai vérifié avec Visa et tout est correct du coté de la carte.

Il faut que je sache quelle information est manquante dans la lecture de la carte

Pouvez-vous vérifier SVP?

Merci!

Zahirul53

If you are tying to activate a second SIM with the same email address/account the SIM card would not recognized in that case. Try to create another account with a different email address and then activate the SIM. That might help. 

Thanks 

@7sd5 Serial number is not used for number porting. It should say IMEI, but instead, the site mentions serial number or ESN and MEID which aren't used any longer in Canada.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@7sd5 you need the IMEI number of the phone and phone number. to transfer a corporate phone if your employer doesn't want to give out the account number

make sure it's the correct number it's not the s/n number you need to input. it's the IMEI. I'm not sure if you have to add the numbers after the slash(/) if there are any.. dial *#06# to retrieve this number.

also make sure your phone is unlocked from the previous provider or if it's a Samsung, call samsung

7sd5

Thanks, clearing the cache seemed to work and I got to the point where I was transferring the number but it got hung up on the details of the old account which was a corporate account so I never really had an account number with my employer, and it won't let me enter the serial number into the box. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@7sd5 hi try using your browser in incognito or private mode. during the activation process when proceeding to the next page keep wiggling your mouse to stop the page from hanging/freezing

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Do you mean you tried activating a sim card for a second time and it now says invalid sim?

If so.

Did you pass the payment section?

If yes check if your card was charged.

If it was charged put your sim card in your phone it will likely work.

If it does work and you were charged go to link below to create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged. System locks sim for 50 minutes. Wait one hour, clear internet cookie/history cache open a fresh browser in incognito mode and try again.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. If you used one and were charged and service works the credit will be applied within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@7sd5 , your SIM card may be session locked to the first session.  If you wait a hour you can try again.  

Need Help? Let's chat.