cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong account information

tst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a line though a dealer and they messed up my email address. I never got the password from the dealer and now I can not log in. I can not do forget password because the email address is wrong. I have been with no serevice for over a month now.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@Dunkgirl Agree anything is worth trying if you're stuck. Have seen your suggestion work a few times but can't recall the circumstances.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite wrote:

@Dunkgirl Are you certain that activating in store does not create an account? That's the opposite of my understanding.

@Luddite The only thing i can be sure of is death and taxes however if that page exists for only existing PM customers to set up to register then it must exist for a reason. I have read other posts where upon getting cell phone service in store they were not given a self serve account so if the self-registration does not work the next step is to contact the mods. Might as well try the possible immediate solution instead of waiting what looks like minimum 6 days for mods to solve any issue with the latest backlog in conjunction with the new identity verification methods

If they already have a self serve account, entering the number will return "* The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here." so this should be the first step anytime anyone is unable to access self serve for the first time after activation as it takes less than 10 seconds.

Account is always created upon sim activation, however self-serve may be delayed, as you do it afterwards, based upon information received in the activation email received.

@Dunkgirl Are you certain that activating in store does not create an account? That's the opposite of my understanding.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tst wrote:

I got a line though a dealer and they messed up my email address. I never got the password from the dealer and now I can not log in. I can not do forget password because the email address is wrong. I have been with no serevice for over a month now.

Thanks

@tst  Sometimes the dealer doesn't set you up an online account. If they did they would likely have given you the password. Try to set up an account yourself here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you are unable to create your own account then you will want to  send a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them.  They will reply with a unique link to a secure online form where you will need to verify your identity as the account owner. After you’ve provided the verification please reply to the existing private message thread with the moderator. Read more about it here [ Learn about contacting our support team ]

Need Help? Let's chat.