cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling

Hank54
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just signed up with Public Mobile recently. Found out that I could not use wifi calling. The reception in our area is not good to begin with, but today is exceptionally bad. Both my wife and I cannot make phone calls. Even texting is not working. Sorry I signed up. Will look for another provider.

9 REPLIES 9

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@EB0 I also think VoLTE phone could make a difference. But if you just take network tower as the reason for the calls problem, then should avoid Bell family as well

slusagm

some customer support said that in private message.  But those support could know no more than us

doctor80

Didn't PM say that WiFi calling is in progress to be added at some point this year?

Lonetree

Download the “Cell Towers” app to see where the towers are close to your house.  The Telus/Bell signal at my house is very poor as well.  The app says that Rogers towers are much closer so I switched one of our phones to Chatr.

I don’t know if I’m allowed to post a link but, here goes…

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/cell-towers-canada/id1086819399

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech 

It’s better to @Hank54 @to find a provider that works in his area without WiFi calling,

Telus, Koodo and PM are using the same towers and coverage, so my understanding if PM is not good, the others are not good either, but you have a good point that it’s possible that his phone may work with Telus or Koodo.

Telus and Koodo have WiFi calling only for postpaid customers, this means he need to pay more compared to PM.

@EB0 Telus and Koodo could still be a good alternative even it doesnt work well with PM. It depends on the phone OP has.  A VoLTE phone could work differently with Telus and Koodo as PM has a shoeter whitelist 

And Wifi calling certainly helps, especially at home 

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Hank54 

Unfortunately, Public mobile doesn’t EiFi calling, no one knows when it will become available.

if public mobile is not good in your area, so Telus,  Koodo will not be good either.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Hank54, it's possible that your service has been worse today after the storm we got yesterday (assuming you are in southern Ontario?) as I noticed some service interruptions yesterday evening and a bit earlier today but it seems to be back to normal now. As for wifi calling, PM doesn't have it yet but we heard from another poster that they were told by an agent that it's in the works but no timeframe has been given.

slusagm

PM is one of the no frills provider  Like othera in this group, they don't have Wifi calling 

if you need Wifi calling, you need to go with Koodo or Telus.  

Need Help? Let's chat.