cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why

inCity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM  deals   20GB data for $35/mo. For a limited time, save $20/mo. on our $55 plan for 15 months.

Capture.JPG

Koodo deals 50GB for $45 for 24 months.
+
FREE iPhone 11  with the Tab for 24 months.

why PM not doing like that deal why @J_PM    

Capture.JPG1.JPG

11 REPLIES 11

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Quigley wrote:

@inCity    PM isn't doing that deal because they are two different companies.  Tier one vs tier two.. companies.

Tier 2 vs Tier 3. And proud of it! 🙂

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM is also (perhaps) having a less aggressive sale than Koodo because their regular price is lower. Think of Tangerine vs EQ (banks). EQ never has promotional rates and is currently 2.5% for savings account. Tangerine is 1.0% for savings account and will regularly have targetted offers of promotional rates on new deposits (one family member is getting 4.3% until Dec 31).

Since it's easier to move money around than change mobile phones 🙂 you see a rush to Tangerine when they send out a promo, then a rush out of Tangerine when it ends. My family member moved from EQ to Tangerine when they got the 4.3% offer, and on Jan 2 they will clean out Tangerine down to $0. That's for 2 reasons: (1) 1.0% is not as good as 2.5%, and (2) the Tangerine promos are usually on balances that go up, so it's best to start at $0 or $2.

BTW EQ is now available in QC (as of Nov 28 I believe).

@inCity wrote:

my point is a higher data with lower price and free device.

oh 'contract' is the issue,

HI @inCity 

don't be silly, when you get a phone from an activation, of course there is a contract

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@inCity wrote:

I think that if you need a lot of data every month (3+ GB), then PM is not a good provider for you. There are others that you can get free device as you listed there + even better pricing. However, if most of time you use little data, then PM is perfect as you can move up/down easily as per your needs. Maybe in summer I travel somewhere, I move up to 5GB plan, next month I scale down.. Or I just use little data... So, PM target customers are 'low data users' in my opinion. 

At least there are good deals everywhere this year.

Wondering if Boxing day deals will be as sweet

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@inCitywait About 5 yrs. Could happen….

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @inCity there is no Why.. different companies different promotions.   If they have the same one, would be WHY Telus needs the 2 different businesses 

and Welcome back on your new username 🙂

inCity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Because there is no 'contract' on PM as it is pre-paid service. No credit check and no any id validation. So, do what @hairbag1  recommended.. Get deal there and come back to PM.. Not so hard..

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You should take that deal if you feel it best suites your life and wallet.

Heck...you can even come back to PM later when you find it's not exactly what you think.

We'll be here when you get back.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@inCity    PM isn't doing that deal because they are two different companies.  Tier one vs tier two.. companies.

If you want the deal from Koodo, then go for it.   Your not being held here at PM by any contract either.  So go ahead and switch.  

Need Help? Let's chat.